You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "leechbite" started this thread

Thursday, April 24th 2008, 3:07am

AlbumArt+ Widget v1.0

i did a cover auto-download for kameleon and thought i transfer the scripts to cPro. so here it is, my first cPro widget:

New version available: AlbumArt+ Widget for cPro v1.2 Beta01
Older version: AlbumArt+ Widget for cPro v1.0

features:
- cover auto-download from Amazon.com if no cover art is found.
- Amazon.com get cover art option
- Desktop NowPlaying Widget - a modified version of NowPlaying window for the desktop.
- quick links to song/artist related pages

notes:
- auto-download/amazon download will only work if main widget is visible.
- upon download, it wont update the NowPlaying window for the new cover. it will, however, update the tag viewer.
- AlbumArt+ cover might display a different image than cPro. This is because i didn't use <AlbumArt/> object on this because of some limitations it has and there is a slight difference in image pick-up rules.
- the Desktop NowPlaying Widget would look best with Desktop Alpha ON.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "leechbite" (Jun 14th 2009, 3:48pm)

Thursday, April 24th 2008, 3:19am

Woo hoo first to post Amazing! Simply Amazing!! Great job and it works great too.

This is what widgets are all about.
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Name: Martin

Thursday, April 24th 2008, 7:12am

yeah this is a great one ;)
leech is simply one of the best coders available!
one thing you might alter is the songinfotext for desktop widget, this one might not readable and it looks cluttered on LCDs. Are you using shadowx/y for the shadow, if so try to just copy the textline and remove the shadow params.
One more thing: the resizer on desktop widget, why don't you use a NortWest, to SouthEast resizer?

howto, even it is a bottomresizer?

Quoted

* OS cursor support
you can define os cursors via cursor="IDC_*" as param for button, layer, ...
IDC_ARROW, IDC_SIZENS, IDC_SIZEWE, IDC_SIZENWSE, IDC_SIZENESW, IDC_SIZEALL, IDC_IBEAM, IDC_WAIT, IDC_CROSS, IDC_UPARROW, IDC_NO, IDC_HAND, IDC_APPSTARTING, IDC_HELP
moreover, <layer/> object should now also respect the cursor= param
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

Hawk

Professional

Thursday, April 24th 2008, 10:34am

This is great! But how do I drag the desktop wiget to the location I want?

:edit: Never mind I found it. You can drag the wiget by the sleeve. :) :thumbup:

Thursday, April 24th 2008, 7:08pm

Nice!

I think Winamp should have the get covers from Amazon option as the one Winamp currently has finds little to none covers for me.

Or maybe integrate to the cPro main tag viewer?
(I rarely use the side drawer.)

Anyway some errors occured while I was testing it:

Source code

Fri Apr 25 02:08:53 2008 (cPro_insekticid/C:\Program Files\Winamp\ColorThemes\cPro_insekticid\..\..\Plugins\classicPro\engine\scripts\beat.maki) - Internal error - #0021.002C07AE.4 Script Fatal Error 
Fri Apr 25 02:09:48 2008 (cPro_insekticid/C:\Program Files\Winamp\ColorThemes\cPro_insekticid\..\..\Plugins\classicPro\engine\widgets\Data\AmazonAlbumArt\main.maki) - Internal error - #0021.93FA1DD4.42 Script Fatal Error 
Fri Apr 25 02:10:04 2008 (cPro_insekticid/C:\Program Files\Winamp\ColorThemes\cPro_insekticid\..\..\Plugins\classicPro\engine\widgets\Data\AmazonAlbumArt\main.maki) - Internal error - #0021.93FA1DDF.42 Script Fatal Error 
Fri Apr 25 02:10:04 2008 (cPro_insekticid/C:\Program Files\Winamp\ColorThemes\cPro_insekticid\..\..\Plugins\classicPro\engine\widgets\Data\AmazonAlbumArt\main.maki) - Returning 0 - #0013.00001DF5.42 Division by zero 
Fri Apr 25 02:10:04 2008 (cPro_insekticid/C:\Program Files\Winamp\ColorThemes\cPro_insekticid\..\..\Plugins\classicPro\engine\widgets\Data\AmazonAlbumArt\main.maki) - Internal error - #0021.00171E0C.42 Script Fatal Error

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

Name: Pieter

Thursday, April 24th 2008, 7:33pm

No problems here ;)

Very nice work indeed!

One suggestion:
- This layout param: indesktop="1"... this will sort of be always on the bottom. The albumart will then be 'part' of the desktop and can never be infront of any window (but this must be optional)... Will even be better if martin or someone else @ ns can add a layout param that will make it sort of ghost.. so all the clicks will be on your desktop icons & not on the skin itself.

@iron2000: Yep the amazon covers are more... but I dont think nullsoft is allowed to spunge of them like we do here :D
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

SLoB

SLoB

Thursday, April 24th 2008, 9:37pm

slap for anyone getting this error lol

Division by zero

Thursday, April 24th 2008, 10:22pm

thanks all, there are some issues i need to sort out on this one. ill see if i can do an update later.

ill check on the division by zero error, i think i know where it is. (slaps self) :)

martin: i had the NW resizer before but i decided to stick to 1-axis resizing because the whole layout has to be proportional anyway. the shadows to me depends on personal taste, it looked better/readable on my screen with it, maybe ill add an option to turn it off.

pjn: i did used indesktop="1" on development, but it didnt worked very well esp when DTA was on. right now it only goes on top when you trigger it, after the other windows get focused its on the desktop. this is better at least the user will know that it popped-up.

:)

Friday, April 25th 2008, 2:00am

update:

cpro-widget-AlbumArt+-1.01.exe

v1.01:
- new view file info on right-click.
- fixed no right-click menu on desktop widget if there was no album art found.
- im not getting div by 0 but i altered some stuff, please check.

:)

Friday, April 25th 2008, 6:00am

Seems alright now.
Getting no errors here.

Is it possible to do cover auto-downloads on other sites?
Or only Amazon as it provides for this sort of usage?

Friday, April 25th 2008, 2:22pm

leech does it get the right album everytime?

Also would like to use this in Glamour.
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

Saturday, April 26th 2008, 1:02am

its fairly accurate so far on my library. of course, the ID3 tags have to be accurate.

SLoB

SLoB

Saturday, April 26th 2008, 1:24am

seems funny we're resorting back to the hack heheh, must admit tho the hack cover search is better than the album art, numerous times it shows failed album cover counts but no explanation on why it failed, at least if it explained itself we could raise it as a bug or why it failed.
the whole point of the inbuilt album art was to stop the hack workaround

Saturday, April 26th 2008, 2:55am

also amazon cover images usually have higher res (approx 500x500) than nullsoft's (approx 200x200).

actually i should have used .html extension on this rather than the .maki hack since the whole this is extracted anyway. although if the built-in XMLParser would work on remote xml feeds and can read amazon's xml feed, it would be waaay better. ;)

and i should mention that the jscript is by RPC from his original cd-cover skin.

Monday, August 18th 2008, 3:11pm

Mr. LeechBite,

I do not know if you are still developing this fine widget, but if you do I would like add a request. I really really would like it to support cover art that is embedded in the music files. All my FLAC files have cover images embedded within the files (I really like the idea of self-containment), but the widget (as opposed to the built-in ClassicPro album thingie) only seems to recognize covers if the images are placed as jpg files in the same folder as the FLAC files.

Is this something that will be looked into?

/ Regards, Poul

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 3:01am

yes, this will be fixed just i dont know when yet. :( im still trying to finish another project atm.

Sunday, September 7th 2008, 5:19pm

hi, i've been doing some test with WA def Album Art to see if i could integrate it with the widget/kameleondui. The main problem for now is that i cant find a way for the script to detect if an album art was found or not. very important for this widget.
i have tried martin's suggestion .isInvalid() function but it doesnt work since the album art object will still pick up the default no art image. maybe martin can help? :)

SLoB

SLoB

Sunday, September 7th 2008, 5:31pm

there is some wierd bug with album art atm which i noticed, martin knows of this now too.

basically in the album art object which ever skin it is embedded in will have the same issue.

say you have a song in which the album art fails ie right click get album art, and the song fails to get an album art retrieved.
open the playlist and right click the song and look at file properties, now goto the art tab and click on the download art button, this will retrieve some covers, some might fail too but in general it works, so its like its not passing a variable or something somewhere.

should be exactly the same code used but its not right at all, think martin is also trying to put in a logfile for the failures as we do not know why they fail, least if they were logged then we could submit them so future failures will become successes :)

not quite in your exact issue above but still relevant

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

Name: Pieter

Sunday, September 7th 2008, 5:32pm

What will hapen if you you define a new nocover pic to point to no file. Havent looked but you probably have your own no cover picture anyway
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

NickMikh

Administrator

Sunday, September 7th 2008, 5:40pm

I'm not sure as I haven't worked with albumart, but will

Source code

extern Int System.getAlbumArt(String playitem); //Requires 5.5 // Will return 1 if an album art has been downloaded, otherwise 0

do?

And there can be workaround (though I don't really like it). If remembering the old times with scripts to find album art, you can try to find it yourself and in case you don't find it this way, you may say that standard object doesn't find it too. The problem of this method is that the criteria have to be the same.
My Skin: Bach Skin
Skin Consortium Skin: Core-X5; MiPod