You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

• "pjn123" started this thread

Name: Pieter

Wednesday, November 7th 2007, 11:24am

Development Discussion

Ok first... what name will be best?
- ClassicSUI
- ModSic (modern+classic)
- Classic2
- ClassicPro
- other?

Will be best to release the skin as a "plugin"
All that the installer will do is install the extracted skin in the skin directory. The other skins that other people then make will make references to the xml's and scripts in the mother skin. This way we can update the core if we want.

Now I'll make the main layout stuff. I need someone that will be willing to do the this
- gadget area = eq, saved playlist, cover+id3 (I'll supply the area where the stuff goes.. you must just do all the image cropping and xml/maki.
- timeline vis... this will go where the normal classic vis is but I'm going to make a png with 16colors. those 16 colors will be used for the classic vis(will read them via maki and set the <vis/>. So this timeline vis will have to use that bitmap to display the timeline vis... so no animation file basically.
- any other volunteers( development of the radio button, so that I can focus on getting the main player stuff finished, notifications, ext)
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "pjn123" (Nov 9th 2007, 6:30pm)

SLoB

SLoB

Wednesday, November 7th 2007, 1:10pm

hey, so wot you can see the forum again :)
what was up with it then, did my last wa-pm help?

sounds like a plan, deffo agree on selling this, of course there is options for marketing

image is not linking, if u mail it to me i'll stick it on the sc ftp

we shud also think about selling for a small fee more user options to skinners, so basic free one gets u this, this & this and a paid version gets u that and a whole lot more ;)
just an idea, but as u said its going to be more of an engine type thing than the gui

pjn123

Wednesday, November 7th 2007, 3:15pm

Just worked today...did nothing. But cant access my pm on the forum. Maybe because I changed my email, so couldnt upload to the site(ftp passwords in there).

Wednesday, November 7th 2007, 9:51pm

big bento is even more eeeurgh :P

anyway...

- ClassicPro

makes it sound Pro.. anything is better than classic, including this so why not.

anyway I did this.. i don't like it myself really(my last mockup is still nearer my preference).. and I still think the modern skin is the best design at making a classic style skin that works well when resizing it horizontally.. i think my little attempt is wanting to go more in the direction of having a winshade mode, which is another area where the modern skin winshade most is the best one i've seen, not just in design, but also how the time slider works over more of the horizontal length of the skin.

I think for a classic sui skin too much space is getting wasted.. classic skins are very small , i find them very limiting personally, but for some having that limit with only which you can work with actually makes it easy to come up with new designs easier.. i hope you are talking to classic skin users, as you have to come up with a template that satisfies a lot of those users and makes them want to take your template and work over it and change its style, while still keeping in with the location of elements..

pjn123

Friday, November 9th 2007, 6:53pm

koogle, that looks great but if we do it like that there wont be room for much custom gfx stuff. And the idea atm is to enable the skin to be resized to the minimium so that it looks just like classic skin(well almost).

Anyway... did a little playing around with the skin so far.
The classicPro exe will need to be installed for the user to use other cPro skins. The wal file that the other developers will upload will only contain this:
- skin.xml (with 2 include lines)
- colours.xml (for the generic ML/PL colors
- *.png's
And have tested this, so we can update the 'engine' anytime we want... the other skin will then auto use the new files.

Okay now for the developer requist:
- Need someone to do the drawer. (SloB, TEM ?)
Since we're using the Gfx of bento for the base version you can use the eq of bento as base. Only thing that I dont like about that eq is that its very small. We have a wide area below so the balance & xfade stuff can go on the right side next to the eq sliders.... thus higher eq sliders. Will post a build of the skin if I get someone to help out with some of the work.
The drawer will have this stuff:
> Eq
> Cover+id3 info
> Saved playlist
^You can basicly do a copy paste of bento because the height is the same.. just the eq that need new gfx.
^And the drawer will have no components so you dont have to worry about any complicated maki... just remember that the id3cover of bento have a avs next to the cover so you'll have to remove that stuff from the cPro version.
^ the drawer isnt resizeable in height.

Will maybe post a very early preview later tonight.

pjn123

Friday, November 9th 2007, 7:22pm

here is a gfx preview of the skin atm...

SloB: Dont think we must charge developers... we need them to get the big userbase.... to get the attention.... to get the radio station's promo.

SLoB

SLoB

Friday, November 9th 2007, 8:09pm

yea your right, we should try to generate revenue from targeted ads or radio stations

pjn123

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 10:22am

Here is a very very alpha preview of ClassicPro...

The name is Modern Classic atm... will change the directory later.

To use it you must extract the zip file to your skin directory.. in the Modern Classic\

Cool things:
- Tabs is language compatible.
- Tabs auto resize if area is to small
- not included is a sort of tooltip that displays a picture of the tab if you hover over it.. almost like previews in Opera. The video one will show the video but I'm not sure the avs in the tip will be good idea(maybe to slow)... anyway, you'll see what I mean next sunday... will start officially then because my vacation start then(if I have no re-exams :P)

Anyone that's willing to start on the eq can use this to test the stuff... but you'll have a better version soon.

I've included the source code. SloB I think the bug of the tabs opening slowly might still be there... so if you find the bug and you have time you can look in the xui\centrosui\scripts folder for any obvious bugs...

The Wasabi:Frame will not change position if it gets out of view(like SloB said in the other thread).. This is a winamp bug, but can be fixed in maki, although it dont look so good.... martin said he might have a look at it someday and maybe he'll find a solution for it.

http://skinconsortium.com/teamsc/Centro/Modern%20Classic.zip

If anyone want to start on the logo for the installer/about page they can. Maybe something a logo+the words ClassicPro. Surprise us :)

L8r

Monday, November 12th 2007, 11:36pm

Nice Koogle and Pete

Classic pro sounds cool!

you have a working model of the skin Koogle or is that all graphics?

And Pieter your skin works great but still get the scriipt error on the centro xui scripts. 4 in all.

You guys want too work together on this one. it would be a nice combo. Can burn and rip be dirrectly coded on the skin as a button?
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

pjn123

Tuesday, November 13th 2007, 8:45am

Burn & Rip... no... unless Nullsoft add something to the engine.

As for the script errors... I get no errors but I'm using a beta version... so will test l8r with 5.5 or older versions. This skin will need 5.5 to run because the Wasabi:Frame was updated.

pjn123

Monday, November 19th 2007, 11:57am

classicPro #001

Here is the first build of classicPro :)

http://skinconsortium.com/teamsc/classic…ssicPro_001.zip
Remember to install the skin uncompressed to /winamp/classicPro
Still a long way to go so dont expect too much.

Hit F5 to see the quick load time... test it against Def Modern Skin & Bento.

PS: Removed the password for easier access to the thread...

Here is a lame list of new stuff:
What's new?

- Drawer
Eq is a quick paintbrush effort.
The drawer can now open and close... and the last option is saved
New "Toggle drawer" button.... again, just a quick paintbrush copy past effort

- Mini View
This area have a few components and saved playlists

- Tabs
The tabs have a new on hover preview. Only the video tab have a live preview(if video is playing)
Auto resize if area is too small

- Menubar
The menu bar is fully language compatible....just need a wlz.. or nullsoft must include the names

- Most of the other stuff...

pjn123

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 8:42pm

Just started with the default classicPro skin we could bundle with classicPro. Its just the default Windows XP theme, adjusted to a smaller titlebar. Can later release the Bento theme separate from the classicPro plugin. Gona adjust a few pictures here and there so that I can make a perfect copy of the Windows XP theme and Bento. This should leave enough room for other skinners.

Anyway, now for the help wanted section:
Need someone to make a proper button for the Select Drawer button. Anyone?

Need someone to make the eq background look better?

Martin.. Can you install the browser and make the tag viewer gadget? Can be a straight copy from Bento Big.... just dont need the hide cover/show vis. No rush though. Aiming for a mid December developer preview.

And gona we're gona need a cool "classicPro

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Name: Martin

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 9:29pm

i'll install the browser as soon you have posted an updated version (and i have time *g*)
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

pjn123

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 10:03pm

I've never used ConfigAtributes... so you'll have to add that too(think the browser use this)...I use privateint/stings to the max... never was in a position where I needed a configAttribute... always another way to do what I want... :D
The default pictures for the browser will probably be used for all skins... still thinking of this.

Any news/updates on the Wasabi:frame? Even if just the vertical one is fixed so that the slider above the playlist works/clips close(see classicPro #001)

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 10:29pm

nope no time for wasabi:frame changes.
there is so much to do atm...... not only for nullsoft, but also for university.

the attribs are imported within 1 min :)
the attrib system i use since titan/vortex is easier to handle than the original winamp modern one. (takes also less resources :))
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

pjn123

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 10:51pm

Ok. Will add my own slider then. Will be cool if I can use the system cursor for this ;)

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Wednesday, November 21st 2007, 7:46am

which system cursor?

pjn123

Wednesday, November 21st 2007, 8:03am

The cursor for the top/bottom frame slider

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Wednesday, November 21st 2007, 8:56am

ah - will give it a try

pjn123

Monday, November 26th 2007, 9:49pm

Here is a preview of the latest ClassicPro build.
ClassicPro Install v0.02 (301kb)
Final install will be around 150kb.

I dont know if the installer work, so please if anyone get the skin to work please say so :)

The installer will install 2 skins (cPro - Big Bento & cPro - Windows XP)
The xp one is far from finish. Anyone willing to help with the gfx it is welcome.

Need someone to do the animation for the Bento/WinXp skin. You can add as many frames as you like! Just remember each frame have a height of 45.

Anyone thats willing to make a pretty installer pictures is welcome. Maybe even a icon for the installer.

You'll need the latest beta build to run this skin. (since this is wa beta stuff, I removed some users from this forum section :( )

Cool new stuff:
- Most buttons work now
- The filesize display is very cool... it can show kb, mb & gb.
- The eq have different bands for the iso & winamp (you can easily change this in eq.png
- only tab preview for the video tab(if a video component isnt visible). This preview will show a resized picture of the default video bg or a live video.

Rate this thread

Sponsored Links: