You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

• "pjn123" started this thread

Name: Pieter

Monday, November 20th 2006, 4:05am

[Finished Skin] - Winamp Azenis 2

Welcome to the development of Winamp Azenis 2.

To get you started here is the newest build:

{8 September 2007}
http://skin-consortium.deviantart.com/ar…enis-2-64364174

Coding: Me ;)
Graphics: QuadHelix

SC XUI objects credits:
- Me ;)
- Slob
- martin.deimos
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

This post has been edited 11 times, last edit by "pjn123" (Sep 8th 2007, 9:41am)

Monday, November 20th 2006, 5:25am

I think you miss the point of Skin Consortium. It isn't a graphics place. It's a coding place. SC takes graphics other people make and code them into skins.

That said, it's not a very original design, at all. Looks like every other WMP-wanna-be skin out there.

pjn123

Monday, November 20th 2006, 6:31am

Well if it isn't a graphics place... why is does your description under you user name say "SC Graphics" :oops:

Anyway... Lets apply you're description of SC to this skin...

I assume you haven't read the last few messages in the Winamp-2006 thread. Here is a quote of one of them:

Quoted

we got the official go ahead to make the Winamp Avenis 2 skin from JJ ying

here is his response:

Hi, sorry for the delay, I just received your mail and of course it's my pleasure if you can help me making a winamp 5 skin.

JJ Ying

So we are taking graphics other people make and will modifying it here and there and I will do most of the coding as I did in the original.

This skin is going to be based on Winamp-2006. See it like a Winamp-2006 with good looks :)

That said, it's not a very original design, at all. Looks like every other WMP-wanna-be skin out there.
Yes you are 100% right. The component buttons on the left and the analogue clock could give you that idea... Well the "WMP" design is very user friendly and is very nice to work on if you don't like windows popping up all over the screen.

Since this skin is going to use almost all of Winamp-2006 code it is already pretty far developed... just need the gfx.

Monday, November 20th 2006, 9:09am

Quoted

Well if it isn't a graphics place... why is does your description under you user name say "SC Graphics" :oops:

Because I created the graphics for one of their in-progress skins. Other skin designers around the forums have the same description, they aren't part of the SC team, they are designers.

I just don't see the point in re-hashing skin designs, since it's going to be a mash between Winamp 2006, Avenis, and WMP. Why not try comming up with something awesome instead of copypasta skins? In my third-party opinion, it makes SC seem lesser, copying designs, porting design, etc.

Look at their current lineup of skins, http://skin-consortium.deviantart.com/gallery/

With the exception to Winamp-2006, every design is original and carefully constructed. It sets a reputation that every future release will be original and carefully constructed. When you port and mash 3 different conceptual skins, you get a melting pot of bad output with good intentions.

SLoB

SLoB

Monday, November 20th 2006, 9:30am

both of you have good points guys, i would like to see further debate as we should throw ideas into the pot :)

also an aim for SC is to have a set of base skins that we can use as just that, a base, which, will further other skins etc...
dont think of that as rehash/copypaste code, its more of a template type idea so that we can cope with the skins to do list
altho originality will win in the skinners eyes it wont in the real world, people like the wmp clones too much imo.

but anyways SC is not only for code, we also strive for gfx, design, ideas, originality, perfection, useability etc.. but most important is the ability for any member to pickup a skin/idea/design/gfx/code and add a little bit of themselves into whatever we produce, its a community of many/different talented people coming together

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Name: Martin

Monday, November 20th 2006, 9:46am

the copy/paste thing - i call it base sets, too! - is good for us cause coding a new skin from scrap with debugging and beta testing will take a lot of time! So how long vortex has been coded!
What should prohibit us to use code of our 'old' skins?
skry don't you ever use photoshop effects in more than one design? perhaps change colors etc. !
Moreover, not using this template objects like the timeline vis, the coverview or the visscripts we created for walpha/vortex will waste our spare time if we would create the whole thing from scrap!
anyway wa2 skins had always the same layout as in wa1 - and still peeps use them!
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

Monday, November 20th 2006, 3:02pm

can we change some stuff around on your design there sly. I think it looks to much like winamp 2006. We can make it look more like maybe kameleon did. or your nmp skin. Anyways lets just work o the graphics first till we all think it looks good. Then we will take it from there. Would lke this to be good because JJ ying gave us the porting rights. You are one of our best coders we will work with what you want too.

Graphics + Coding = SC
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

pjn123

Monday, November 20th 2006, 5:19pm

Thanks

Okay the Kameleon look could work but please no turn knobs :) Too difficult to use. The analogue clock should also be larger that the one in Kameleon. Who ever is doing the graphics can come up with a design. Here is my ideas:

- Would like to have the menubar in the titlebar like Divx Player 6.4

- The Vid/Lib/Vis button should be in the left thicker border with the right border being normal size.

- The inside area(vid/pl/cover/eq must stay the same since I feel this is a very easy to use layout.

- Would like the Carbon-fibre look of JJ ying design

- Keep the design black with blue buttons.

- A nice, big analogue clock

So al to do now is to wait for the design :)

Already started with some new stuff for this skin like:
-MSPP:Cover
-MSPP:Eq
-MSPP:CD

SLoB

SLoB

Monday, November 20th 2006, 8:57pm

sylvester, have you started a xui analogue clock yet?
i wouldnt mind doing that, with also a few layerfx sort of like the twisted google plugin sort of thing, with different styles too

pjn123

Tuesday, November 21st 2006, 8:39am

I was hoping you ask to do it since you already did something similar with the compass in the skunkworks section.

Can't wait to see it - really like to see a nice analogue clock in a Winamp skin.

Maybe we should put all these XUI object in one download file and rename all of them to start with SC... Like SC:UpdateSystem, SC:Cover, SC:Clock... and give credit to who ever made it of course. Maybe a extra thread section with all of the XUI object that we can use in SC skins?

SLoB

SLoB

Tuesday, November 21st 2006, 9:29am

when the board moves we will setup a dedicated mspp section in the byteworks for cool xui plugins/skin additions

i think having them as SC: would be a good move, after all SC is where we are all at, and it also promotes SC :)

Friday, November 24th 2006, 6:04pm

%$#@ I worked on this skin for 2 hours last night made 3 modes and then BAM power surge, and I lost the unsaved psd. I could not believe it. I will try and get the skin going again when i have the time again.
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Friday, November 24th 2006, 6:07pm

oh shit!
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

Saturday, November 25th 2006, 8:22am

Ok i tried to come back with what i did last night here is what I got its about 80% buttons arent labeled and gotta find out whats what.

is Sly you can change anything that you want the buttons are not glued down they move and all aspects can be changed.

we got to think of what we can put into each box

i think a ML and a PL can be switched in the big box upper right

and the 3 boxes to the side can have Vis, clock , AVS ect.. or anyting you want .... suggestions? I will make a stick and another shade mode to o with it, when i can.

Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

Hawk

Professional

Saturday, November 25th 2006, 8:34am

Woa! Quadhelix that looks pretty amazing!
--
Say hello to me on MySpace
http://www.myspace.com/hawk999

pjn123

Saturday, November 25th 2006, 11:51am

Wow! Looks great. Here are my comments:

- Would like to have the seeker go through to the other side, thus resizing will make it even longer and thus easier for seeking in videos.

- 3 boxes might be a little to much... maybe stick to 2... one for playlist and one custom one for cover, vis, ...

- Stilll need a stop button

CoverView for this skin(Preview)

SLoB

SLoB

Saturday, November 25th 2006, 1:24pm

i think any of the boxes should have all available components be applied
for example the playlist on left, some people may want that to be on the bottom or top right etc...
seeing as theyr gonna be windowholders a small menu could be done and add/tick them off if shuffling things round

i also think the top left round button would be better suited slightly inset from the top, keep the top edge flat and drop the underlayer underneath the round icon and shape it to match the curve, similar to the bottom section

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Saturday, November 25th 2006, 4:26pm

good job ralph!
perhaps you should also contribute to a new style for th sc site!

Saturday, November 25th 2006, 4:51pm

I like your layout alot Sly. Maybe take some of Slobs points too. I will work on it and send you the PSd with one other Mode. What about the 5 buttons on the bottom? they need to be on the skin and i like em where they are? Programmable buttons? or Eject stop ect..
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

pjn123

Saturday, November 25th 2006, 5:22pm

SLoB:
Yes, will do my best. Just keep in mind that I don't want to release a manual to operate the skin so I'll have to make it very user friendly.

Quad:
Will do. Like the 5 buttons and the idea of them being custom. They must just be a few pixels lower to make way for the seeker. And the stop and open button with the same type of gfx as the play/prev/next...

And maybe a repeat and shuffle button with custom made gfx?

What about the stereo sign top left... Was thinking of having a surround and mono sound gfx as well... if possible to detect this... haven’t tried this but I think it's possible.

Rate this thread

Sponsored Links: