You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, October 14th 2013, 3:52pm

So when will you release v2.02 with the above bug fixed? I'm referring to the bug where playing flac files consumes too much CPU. You have fixed this bug over a month ago but there still isn't a new version of the software.

Name: Victor

Monday, October 14th 2013, 4:26pm

I'm not sure what you mean, the bug is fixed. It isn't released in a non-beta one, but it is fixed.
The beta releases doesn't have so many changes that it could be called unstable, I think PJN calls it Beta mainly because it doesn't have a wide testing (that is what we were doing last month) and because it isn't released /announced though the "official" channel (the update feature bundled with cPro within winamp).

Monday, October 14th 2013, 4:50pm

I was unaware there was a public beta. But I've found the beta file at ClassicPro v2.02 beta build for testing . The latest beta (v2.02 beta 2) can only be downloaded on the forums via this link, the beta on the homepage is an old version.

I have a question. Can I still use skins which were originally made for ClassicPro v1.15 or will there be bugs? I'm using ClassicPro v2.02 beta 2 together with the Cpro-AaM skin and haven't ran into any bugs so far.

Monday, October 14th 2013, 5:10pm

I was unaware there was a public beta. But I've found the beta file at ClassicPro v2.02 beta build for testing . The latest beta (v2.02 beta 2) can only be downloaded on the forums via this link, the beta on the homepage is an old version.

Oh that's what you were refering to! Sorry, you are right, that announce in the front page should be updated.

Quoted

I have a question. Can I still use skins which were originally made for ClassicPro v1.15 or will there be bugs? I'm using ClassicPro v2.02 beta 2 together with the Cpro-AaM skin and haven't ran into any bugs so far.

Totally. cPro1 and cPro2 are actually different plug-ins, each has its own updates, and of course cPro1 is fully functional and kept up-to-date, in fact, if you look the list of changes in the thread you mentioned, you'll see the last item (precisely the flac fix) is flagged as a cPro1 & 2 fix, it means it is fixed in one engine AND in the other.

Monday, October 14th 2013, 7:08pm

Totally. cPro1 and cPro2 are actually different plug-ins, each has its own updates, and of course cPro1 is fully functional and kept up-to-date, in fact, if you look the list of changes in the thread you mentioned, you'll see the last item (precisely the flac fix) is flagged as a cPro1 & 2 fix, it means it is fixed in one engine AND in the other.
Ok, great! Thanks for explaining this to me! You haven't made this point very clear in your marketing of cPro2. I was always very hesitant to upgrade to cPro2 because I was afraid that my old skins wouldn't work anymore. Anyways, it's great to know that you provide full backwards compatibility with the old skins, and that you even fix bugs for the cPro 1 engine.

I've noticed multiple times in the past years that the CPU usage would go up to about 30% when playing certain flac files. I'm glad this bug in cPro 1 (and 2) is finally fixed. I hope you will release a non-beta version with this fix in it soon, so all the users can benefit from the fix.

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 1:33pm

I really though cpro 2 would have a proper wavebar option for the skin to use

skin eh bad background and text coloring and fat borders

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 1:35pm

What do you call wavebar?

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 2:07pm

Something like the top right side seeker bar like this....

or just google image search for other styles of it...

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?…wave_seekbar%29

winamp is missing it while plenty of other players now have this, musicbee has a basic one built in as alternative to trackbar , foobar has the plugin which is pretty well featured and does caching, etc winamp nothing

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 2:59pm

Ahhh.. I suspected you refered to that, but it´s called Waveform actually. I would also like to see it, but.. add it to the long list of things still missing in Winamp (along with tabbed playlist, "groupable" songs and columns in PL, more display modes on ML, etc...)...

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 6:19pm

glad you mentioned tabbed playlist.. thats my other most wanted similar the aimp3 playlist functionality.

Rate this thread

Sponsored Links: