You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

• "pjn123" started this thread

Name: Pieter

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 6:43pm

Winamp ClassicPro v2.00 - Themes for cPro2 - Aluminum

Here is a new thread so that people can share their themes for the new default skin for ClassicPro 2, Aluminum by Victhor.

Hopefully it can help Victhor to test his skin before the final release.
There are a chance that your theme will be broken before the final release but any changes will be minor from this point.

@Victhor -
Here are a few difficulties I found with creating this theme:
- Can't play too much with the tab buttons since they have backgrounds around the side
- Maybe statusbar bar buttons will look better if the gfx wasn't transparent? Maybe just this theme :P
- The list slider for ML is very hard to see on dark themes... Only solution will probably be to make the slider/thumbs with buttons and not just the line and icon/arrows.
- The drawer + side toggle should probably be in the same gg as the sui.buttons and not in the same group as the tabs ??
pjn123 has attached the following image:
  • wa2 theme.png
pjn123 has attached the following file:
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

Name: Victor

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 9:25pm

@PJN:

- Tab buttons: Yep, I saw that, will be fixed for next release.
- Statusbar bar buttons: Needs testing, it´s in my qeue to see how it behaves when coloring.
- Slider for ML (I guess you mean "scrollbars" ;) :P) : Making what you suggest would really attempt against metro spirit! You blaspheme! You should thank I left those arrows there, those doesn´t exists in metro! :D.
Now, seriously, maybe contrast can be improved (in the whole skin actually, I´m in some sort of spiritual conflict about that, I feel I´m touching edges between usability and aesthethic choices), I´ve already made hover state really standing out so it´s quite visible I think. What about making the hover state appear when the mouse goes ANYWHERE over the scrollbar, not just on the "grabber bar" itself? Is it doable?
- Drawer + side toggle in SUI buttons group: totally. Also in the EQ the crossfade rectangle / area is hard to blend if you change button´s color, can be changed?

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

• "pjn123" started this thread

Name: Pieter

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 9:51pm

@Victhor
- Maybe the eq xfade rectangle can go around the -/+ buttons too? Or maybe the border of the -/+ button should be transparent? Then It will show the golden color of the outline in this theme.
- Yes Scrollbars ;) The scrollbars are unfortunately hard coded in Winamp :( The original (old CproTwo skin :P) one should be easier to theme I think (more contrast), but do what you think will look best when you get there. Think the problem is that the bg of the scrollbars must currently match the bg of the list and once you change the list bg color aggressively its hard to match the color of the scrollbar without loosing the usability (make them almost invisible).
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

Name: Victor

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 12:40am

PS: I finally get it, it's not 2005 anymore, we shouldn't do this again... :D