You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 1:30pm

@pjn123
Thank you for the cPro2 Beta 2. I had not noticed the other things that were fixed, but the Now Playing album cover reflection fix works well.

@Victhor
Thank you for the additional work on the cPro2_Aluminum skin. I just noticed that it does not support allowing an overall skin size and screen position to be associated with the F9 and F10 function keys. I use them with other cPro skins to allow for an easy way to open and close a skin, instead of dragging from the bottom right corner. It will be a big loss if cPro2 skins do not support size/position association with these or other function keys, imo.

Name: Victor

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 1:39pm

@Victhor
Thank you for the additional work on the cPro2_Aluminum skin. I just noticed that it does not support allowing an overall skin size and screen position to be associated with the F9 and F10 function keys. I use them with other cPro skins to allow for an easy way to open and close a skin, instead of dragging from the bottom right corner. It will be a big loss if cPro2 skins do not support size/position association with these or other function keys, imo.

That´s a plugin thing, not skin. Remember; graphics (color, size and shape) is the skin (me), functions (behaviour, options, functionality, hotkeys, etc) is the plugin itself (pjn).

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 2:19pm

separators

Quoted

Those separators are hard coded in the Winamp. ClassicPro cannot change that.

I have seen cPro skins without them. I assume this has been achieved by assigning them bgr color. Any tips on how i can do it myself?

fullscreen bug

Quoted

Win 7 does not natively support multiple desktops. If you have setup multiple monitors somehow, the article linked below may help you turn them off.

Thank you for the tip. Previously, I checked my monitor setup out and i have single monitor setup. According to the guide, everything is ok. At the same time WIN+P seems to work for me, which I am not sure it should. Does pressing WIN+P shortcut bring you switch display menu?

Quoted

Are you using the current version of Winamp 5.63? I'm not having crashes when changing skins or changing the skin color schemes. I'm also not having the skins switch out of maximized size unless I double click on a view tab. Once maximized, clicking anywhere else the skin stays maximized. This with both the sample cPro2.0 beta skin and the cPro1.5 skins I have been using before this release.

im still experiencing demaximization after clean install of Winamp + cPro2
The color switching works. Also previous version's skins.

pjn 123 - thx for dealing with this. Hopefully, you will manage to fix it.

chapter list 0.7

works
Ill just point out the same problem is still present with picturebox.

Fixed: Buttons with transparent bits don't always work

This is fixed for 2.0 skins am I right? i have one 1.15 skin with (most probably) transparent buttons and i have to click on the label, the rest of the button doesnt work. Is it the same error?

suggestions/etc

- switching between tabs: reloads library drawer/frame, but if i click on picturebox tab whole screens is refreshed (shows white screen), when there is more pictures in the folder it takes a while, not life threatening, but still worthy mentioning i guess
- webreader>youtube: how do i play vids without html5 or flash support?
- webreader>explorer view: is it possible to adjust colors to match winamp theme? I guess it is simply 'imported' explorer window so it probably is not (Unless i mess around with Win default color for it, which i would dare to do...)

- stored playlists: implementing a hide/show button next to each playlist to show list of songs for each individual playlist would be neat
- file info, stored playlist: are these widgets? or part of original winamp? how can i have tab for them like for other widgets?
- what determines whether the widget can be put on various locations - or - why doesnt chapterlist support right above playlist location - or - why dont all widgets support all locations + tabs

- new widget: slicing the area/drawer vertically/horizontally with separator and allowing 2 widgets in it instead of 1, also support for self nesting

- is it possible to create a thread (is there one?) for these suggestions/bugs and list them effectively? so they wont get lost under posts and will be nicely listed as 'reported','fixing', 'fixed', 'no solution', etc
- possibly have second wishlist thread? i dont think this is the right place

PS: nice work on new version, how can I contribute and code something? any tutorials or good place for start? i know C well, and some other languages

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 2:49pm

fullscreen bug

Quoted

Thank you for the tip. Previously, I checked my monitor setup out and i have single monitor setup. According to the guide, everything is ok. At the same time WIN+P seems to work for me, which I am not sure it should. Does pressing WIN+P shortcut bring you switch display menu?
Yes, I do get the switch menu with the 4 options. 'Computer Only' is pre-selected. So that does not seem to be related to your issue since I get that menu and don't have the problem. It is also strange that a clean removal and reinstall did not fix things. It usually does (unless its 3rd party plug-in related). You are right that Winamp puts things in many places. Are you sure you deleted everything? If so, maybe you can get at things through your GPU card's control panel. I use an nVidia GPU and it's driver control panel has options related to multiple monitors (in addition to what Windows exposes) that can be enable/disabled.

Quoted

- is it possible to create a thread (is there one?) for these suggestions/bugs and list them effectively? so they wont get lost under posts and will be nicely listed as 'reported','fixing', 'fixed', 'no solution', etc
- possibly have second wishlist thread? i dont think this is the right place
If you back out to the forum index, you will see a section for Winamp and in that a section for ClassicPro, and in that sections for wishlist and development and other things.

Sorry, for the multiple edits of this post. I'm still trying to figure out how to do quotations on this forum.

This post has been edited 9 times, last edit by "Aminifu" (Dec 19th 2012, 3:30pm)

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 3:46pm

That´s a plugin thing, not skin. Remember; graphics (color, size and shape) is the skin (me), functions (behaviour, options, functionality, hotkeys, etc) is the plugin itself (pjn).
Oops, this is a question for pjn123 then. Since the function keys are working with the other cPro skins used with the new cPro2 Beta engine, I thought it was something the skinner had to enable.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Aminifu" (Dec 19th 2012, 3:55pm)

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 4:11pm

Sorry, for the multiple edits of this post. I'm still trying to figure out how to do quotations on this forum

Quoting selections / paragraph is behaving strange I think..

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 5:26pm

fullscreen bug
I have nvidia graphic card as well. I also looked into control panel and its all fine.
I didnt go around and clean up after old winamp's installation. I have no intention of doing so either. Screwing up my library is the last thing i want to experience - right after losing my audio collection. I would have to research where exactly are all important files i wanna preserve stored - no thx.

So it looks like this is caused either by unclean installation or multimonitor setup.

colorswitching
And my problem is back. Source of the trouble is now pinpointed on one of the two plugins i use. Older themes work though.
- The_Ultimate_Media_Library_Plugin
- Winamp_Essentials
I am almost sure the problem lies in Ultimate ML plugin. It shows browsable folder structure inside media library, very helpful, also with nice options. Anyone using those plugins? I dont care though, i am contend with default colors...

Quoted

If you back out to the forum index, you will see a section for Winamp and in that a section for ClassicPro, and in that sections for wishlist and development and other things.

Ok, thx. Ill head there.

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 6:21pm

fullscreen bug
I have nvidia graphic card as well. I also looked into control panel and its all fine.
I didnt go around and clean up after old winamp's installation. I have no intention of doing so either. Screwing up my library is the last thing i want to experience - right after losing my audio collection. I would have to research where exactly are all important files i wanna preserve stored - no thx.

So it looks like this is caused either by unclean installation or multimonitor setup.

I can understand not wanting to risk losing months or years of work spent tagging, rating, and so on. Regular backups are essential, but have you checked out the Winamp Backup Tool? It is an app just for backing up the various databases and support files used with Winamp. The user has complete control over what is backed up. This is a good tool to have, even if you never do a clean uninstall and reinstall. Link below:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=317153

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

• "pjn123" started this thread

Name: Pieter

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 8:48pm

@ttuoli

$fullscreen bug - See attachment. Replace the file found in your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\ClassicPro\engine\two\scripts" directory. Hope this work. If not I'll have to test it with a multimonitor. This fix doesn't seem to brake the behavior on the "normal" pc setup so hope this is it.

$picturebox - This widget was made by martin.deimos but will port it when I get the chance.
The screen refresh is a Winamp bug here. Have no idea why its doing this.

$transparent buttons - Yes also noticed the stuff I fixed was actually some of the code copied from cpro1 so will have to fix it there too thanks.

$webreader - Youtube works here with flash. But yes the IE frame still sucks otherwise but what can we do...
Explorer view - Not possible :(

$widget locations - Widgets can actually be any location with just a simple option. For internal widgets (like fileinfo, playlist drawer, colortheme list, ...) it have to be added manually. The idea for not adding everything everywhere is so save resources and not to create a layout that looks too intimidating. Also some widgets wont look right because the normal size of the area will be to big or to small (for example the file info will have way too much space in a tab). The chapterlist can be placed in the mini area too if you want:
Just add this text on line 20 of this file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\ClassicPro\engine\widgets\Load\v2\chapterlist.xml"

PHP Source code

<groupdef id="centro.widgets.chapterlist.mini" name="Chapterlist" userdata="centro.widgets.chapterlist;0" windowtype="centro.widgets.mini" inherit_group="centro.widgets.chapterlist.dummy.drawer" />

$tab for saved playlists / file info - If anyone is interested they can create a widget that just reuse the file info viewer code and/or insert a saved playlist list too.

$multi widget - also want to do this sometime in the future. But maybe just a light version where you can just display the file info viewer and any other drawer widget on LARGE width. On smaller widths everything will then just be like it is now.

$separate thread - Will remember to add one with a list of stuff thats on the to do list and known bugs. And an official wishlist one too.

$contribute - I just used my basic school knowledge of Java and it wasn't too hard to feel at home with winamp's scripting langauge (which is apparently loosely based on javascript.. I think). The Winamp Skin Developers Pack will be a good way to start. Just reading throught the libraries of available functions/events will probably give you a overview of what is possible and what isn't. The xml part of creating a widget isn't too hard to figure out I hope. There are a few widgets out so they might help with it. The only reason why cpro2 need updated widgets is just for the statusbar size difference.

@Aminifu - Forgot about that hidden function :) Will add on to the to do list.
pjn123 has attached the following file:
  • layout.zip (4.54 kB - 275 times downloaded - latest: Yesterday, 2:26am)
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 9:54pm

@MerTcaN
Have no idea why it would do that.
So it gives you that error before the player even shows?
Do you have anything "special" for your computer? And what Windows version, gfx card are you using?
Maybe share your %appdata%\Winamp\guru.log

After installed the lasted version problem solved. Thanks :)

Quoted

@ttuoli
I have seen cPro skins without them. I assume this has been achieved by assigning them bgr color. Any tips on how i can do it myself?

Yes, it can be done by coloring but i think that if the left line will be same color with bgr color the bottom line will be bgr color too. Both lines share the same color and if that will happen the search bar will be invisible.

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 11:15pm

You can do it, it´s not hard at all, in fact doing things like this is how I introduced myself into skinning:

- Go to your Winamp´s skins folder (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Skins")
- Rename "cPro2__Aluminum.wal" INTO "cPro2__Aluminum.ZIP"
- Unzip it into a folder with a different name (can be cPro2__Aluminum_Mod)
- Rename "cPro2__Aluminum.zip" back to "cPro2__Aluminum.wal"
- Within the folder you just created, find and open the file "colors.xml" (with wordpad would be good)
- Do a search ("Ctrl+F" or Ctrl+B, depends on system languague) for "wasabi.border.sunken"
- Change its value ("181,183,188") to the same of the background, in the case of aluminum is 207,207,207.
- Save
- Done!

You can do this with any cPro skin (1&2), you just need to know the value for the background (usually the color in "wasabi.window.background" and/or "wasabi.list.background").

Tell me when you achieve it.

Thursday, December 20th 2012, 12:58am

clean install

Quoted

I can understand not wanting to risk losing months or years of work spent tagging, rating, and so on.

Actually, tagging prevents from data loss of any kind and all. I am rating into tag as well. The only real value is play count. I lost it several times and it was always painful.
When will i see the day, when play count will be in a tag? Its been years of waiting for ratings...

have you checked out the Winamp Backup Tool
Ill consider using it. Heard about it already but thx for tip. Seems helpful. I dont like having millions of tools for every little thing though. It is good to have a good app, not have several mini apps just so the main app works properly.

fullscreen bug
It is gone. Thanks for the fix. Mind if you tell me what did it? Im curious.

widget locations
Thx for this. I understand it was mostly me nagging to get this (even thought it was single line). It works (actually, there isnt supposed to be ending tag in your xml element, i got parser error at first) and even though its not very important, i am glad for the ability to relocate the widget alone. It makes me sleep better, comes from person selfdiagnozed with mild OCD... I'll explore the code and further play around, like this: tab for saved playlists / file info.

multi widget
so this could get dev support huih? Ill put it in the wishlist or something and desribe some of the advantages it could bring. Fro example eliminate the big empty spaces you mentioned. This cant possibly be a bad thing.

rest
I see there are lots of limitations caused by Winamps coding. Still, its good to be told whats possible whats not, what is considered and whats ommited.

contribution
i had fair knowledge of java 2 years ago and actually i have intense course right ahead of me again. What puts me off is the organization and seemingly chaotic structure of the files and the know how around it all. Otherwise i would jump into skinning/coding years ago.

About those limitations. Since winamp is so old and all its understandable. But what would happen if it got sudden major update and cPro would get hard time dealing with it? Is there possibility the whole project would be abandoned?

separators

Yes, it can be done by coloring but i think that if the left line will be same color with bgr color the bottom line will be bgr color too.
I am seriously concerned about this and putting all my hopes on those two to be two different objects having individual color settings. Otherwise I am doomed.

Quoted

You can do it, it´s not hard at all, in fact doing things like this is how I introduced myself into skinning

Oh, thx for the useful tip and overly detailed tutorial. Ill go mess around. I have been looking throught the wal files (i have extracted my share of weird files by changing the extension) and desperately looking for separators (why didnt i use search function is beyond my understanding). I am glad for the directions, no more searching now.

And yes, That is probably how everyone started, with edits... I intend to get into Winamp more seriously right now and im starting with edits.

PS:
You people are quite accommodating and I appreciate that. Hopefully I will learn a thing or two from you and give something back.

Thursday, December 20th 2012, 2:26am

Actually, tagging prevents from data loss of any kind and all. I am rating into tag as well. The only real value is play count. I lost it several times and it was always painful.
When will i see the day, when play count will be in a tag? Its been years of waiting for ratings...

Ah, play counts. I'm not so much into them myself, but a user on the Winamp forums has found a way to better deal with them. Its not as simple as a tag though. I happened to browse across his post within the past 2 weeks.

Look at post #4 in the thread linked below (next to last line). If you are not already on that forum, you maybe should join and drop the user a PM to get the details on what he does.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=285574

Users helping users, with a little extra thrown in by caring devs, is what its all about. I've been using Winamp for years and only last year finally had enough spare time to get active on the various forums. It has been a very positive experience for the most part.

pjn123

Thursday, December 20th 2012, 11:39am

fullscreen bug
It is gone. Thanks for the fix. Mind if you tell me what did it? Im curious.

I was being a Timmy again. To check if the onMove event was just a click or an actual move of the player I checked that the y position of Winamp was zero(ie skin is fullscreen) and if it wasn't it was a move to unfullscreen Winamp. But Winamp have a function to return the top y position of the current viewport (that you use to make the skin go fullscreen). So I should have just used it instead of zero.
if(y==0) is now if(y==getViewPortTopfromGuiObject(normalLayout)

contribution
i had fair knowledge of java 2 years ago and actually i have intense course right ahead of me again. What puts me off is the organization and seemingly chaotic structure of the files and the know how around it all. Otherwise i would jump into skinning/coding years ago.

About those limitations. Since winamp is so old and all its understandable. But what would happen if it got sudden major update and cPro would get hard time dealing with it? Is there possibility the whole project would be abandoned?

The files in skinning can be structured in any way the skinner wants so it might appear chaotic to someone else :P
Anything is possible. If it can't be ported then it might be abandoned. But I don't see this happening any time soon.

Friday, December 21st 2012, 12:18pm

i see

- editing play counts could be useful from time to time, (not to get it up manually of course)
- the chaotic structure - i was aiming it more on the winamp not your cPro skin, if winamp was developed from scratch right now it would be a lot more simple and without limitations

forgot to ask - about that youtube, i cant play the vids, im getting "no support of flash or html5" - how did you get it working again?

any chance getting address bar into explorer viewer?

pjn123

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 11:19am

forgot to ask - about that youtube, i cant play the vids, im getting "no support of flash or html5" - how did you get it working again?

any chance getting address bar into explorer viewer?

Mine just worked but I know that on my browser if I'm not logged in or haven't changed the option once before on this install videos will play in html5. To disable this just click on the "Try Something new" link at the bottom of the page.
You can then disable the html5 trail. I guess html5 in the winamp browser won't work so this might be the problem.

Can see about the edit somewhere in the future

pjn123

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 6:53am

Update:
Minor update/reupload of beta 2:
- Fixed: AeroSnap on certain monitor setups un-snap on click of background
- Fixed: String script error on certain Winamp versions.

Name: Julian W.

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 3:09pm

Loving the new version of SCPro2, guys! Sorry I haven't been around much lately, I've been busy with university and starting my own business (computer hardware maintenance and disposal) - I'll get straight to it, I'm noticing some graphical conflicts in the file information area at the bottom where text appears to be optimised for a different pixel layout than that of my screen - that or cleartype is bugged for Winamp in that area. I'm attaching an example (sorry for bad handwriting btw), which should explain what I should have (looks best on my screen) and what I'm getting at the bottom.

Also, I'm using the Microsoft Multimedia 3000 Keyboard, and when the song name indicator comes up, none of the media keys function.
Spannerz has attached the following image:
  • Capture.JPG
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

pjn123

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 6:35pm

Hi Spannerz

The cleartype in Winamp (antialias) is just the normal Winamp cleartype. So can't do anything about that unfortunately. Cpro1 didn't have antialias enabled (on default) so maybe that's why you noticing it now. If it really annoys you, you can always edit the classicpro.xml file in the skin file and change all the antalias="1" to "0"

As for the Keyboard. Are you using the global hotkeys for Winamp? I normally enable both checkboxes in the Winamp Preferences > Global Hotkeys settings. Cpro use the same notifier as Bento so if you're only experiencing the bug in cpro I'll check further.

Rate this thread

Sponsored Links: