You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Cozmoz

Master

• "Cozmoz" started this thread

Monday, February 1st 2010, 6:44pm

Matias Xion skin

Hi guys,

This is the new thread for Matias Xion skin, I have added some more buttons and made a few more tweaks to this but run in to a few problems highlighting them and the volume bar isn't working properly, please see attached.

Regards,

Costa
Cozmoz has attached the following file:
  • Matias Xion.zip (65.11 kB - 377 times downloaded - latest: Sep 11th 2014, 7:09pm)
Riding the sea of tranquillity.

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Name: Martin

Monday, February 1st 2010, 6:59pm

ha, it's comming along!

the slider has the followig prob: it is a vertical slider, so i guess to need to rename it to volumelr
http://wiki.skinconsortium.com/index.php…liders_and_Bits

What would also be cool is an albumart in the far left (thus moving the bottom buttons, seek and time to the right) Take a look at Ebonite for Xion here on SC as reference
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

Cozmoz

Master

Monday, February 1st 2010, 11:09pm

Hi guys,

I've now got the main player window in a state that I'm happy with, although it seems a bit difficult to click the buttons along the button, Martin, do you know any way to fix this?

What do you guys think so far? I'm open to further suggestions :) .

I guess the next step will be to work on the window frames, I'll probably have time for this next weekend, if anyone wants to do any work on this between now and then I'll be happy to see what others come up with ;) .

Anyway hope you all like it!

Regards,

Costa
  • Matias Xion.zip (70.53 kB - 219 times downloaded - latest: Sep 12th 2014, 6:36am)

Name: Julian W.

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 8:00am

If you're having problems with the FF/RW buttons overlapping the Play/Pause button and getting in the way (the transparent bit) try the
rectrgn="1" param on the buttons ;)
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 8:15am

we're still in the Xion stage, spannerz :D no rectrgn there

Costa, you can do two things in order to make your button have a bigger clickable area
first draw a rectangle (marque tool) of how big the 'feedback' area should be. than press ctrl+shift+c in order to copy the whole background you have selected and paste it. move it below your button and merge the layers. Additionally you can also set visibility to 1% of the new layer.
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

Cozmoz

Master

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 2:39am

Please find attached the complete Xion skin, their are some small issues with the playlist but I do not see this as a problem since this is a Winamp prototype. I look forward to seeing this coded in Winamp (I really don't think I'm up for the challenge right now), please get back to me if you guy's need anything else designed for it :)
  • Matias.zip (106.12 kB - 221 times downloaded - latest: Yesterday, 3:58pm)

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 5:22am

Sorry guys I can't find my old psd anywhere, but its not hard to recreate the stuff i did, its just mock-up stuff anyway, if you can recreate the skin than you can more than likely recreate what i thought up by looking at the jpg.

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 6:48am

well i think we're already on a pretty good track - take a look at the PSD :D

Cozmoz

Master

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 1:29pm

Ok, I have it all working now except for the scrollbar on the playlist and the top of of the playlist which should be is showing up at full opacity, I've also tweaked the border a bit, any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Costa
  • Matias.zip (105.48 kB - 200 times downloaded - latest: Sep 12th 2014, 12:57pm)

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 1:50pm

hey, you're a fast learner!

i havn't played w/ the xion playlist yet. but take a look at ebonite's playlist - here transparency & scrroll is perfect :D maybe WInstonGFX will also comment here again.

ca 100px from the bottom left in playlist the opacity changes to be more transparent. move the skin obove a grey surface and you'll see it

Cozmoz

Master

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 2:15pm

I've fixed the button left, I've already looked at winstons skin but I don't think he uses anchors, which is where I'm facing transparency issues, but as far as the scrollbar goes I'm a bit clueless. Winston if you could have at these issues it would be great! Please find the latest attached.
  • Matias.zip (105.4 kB - 215 times downloaded - latest: Sep 12th 2014, 10:17am)

Cozmoz

Master

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 6:13pm

I now have this fully functioning and looking good! Comments and critique welcome! Hope you guys like what I've done here :thumbsup:

Martin would you like to get this ported to Winamp now? Let me know if you need anything :headbang:

Regards,

Costa
  • Matias.zip (105.46 kB - 208 times downloaded - latest: Sep 12th 2014, 6:34am)

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 8:16pm

cool :D looks great now.
one remark, seems you've saved playlist.psd in main.psd as well :(
and if you want to drag the pl on the top where it says how much files you have, it is not sensitive :(

He, i would like to get this done as soon as possible, but unluckily i will need a new laptop 1st (and time, having exams the next 2 weeks in uni).

My old lappy broke after xmas. ordered a new one - after 2 days gfx card failure. so back to amazon and got my money back...
now i have ordered a new one w/ better hardware but it isn't available yet (amazon says it will be shipped till 18th Feb - this is when my exams are over, but i don't belive em since on the product page now 1-2 months is stated!!)

The PC i am using right now is poor. p4 w/ 1GB ram, so no fun to code or use photoshop... just good for learning and listening to winamp :P

If you take a look in the CLassicPro beta forums, there should eb athread w/ ClassicPro::Flex engine. there also should be a manual of how everything works. In general Flex tries to use a XIon like behaviour (no coding) but works in winamp (just requires our cPro plugin). Maybe take a look :D

Cozmoz

Master

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 9:14pm

I'm sorry to hear about your computer problems, also I'm not sure what you mean about the 2 problems you described, can you please clarify? I've also starting to prepare for a couple of assignments and an exam I have in March, I wish you the best of luck!

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 9:26pm

1st: in your zip archive both files seems to be identically
2nd: you cannot drag the playlist around using the middle of the titlebar

Cozmoz

Master

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 10:39pm

Oh ok, I'll create previews for them tomorrow. Regarding the problem with the titlebar goes; you can't move seem to move any Xion skin where text is located.

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 10:57pm

have you tried to add ignore or moveable to the layer?
http://xion.r2.com.au/index.php?page=layerref

or simply put a moveable layer above?

Cozmoz

Master

Thursday, February 4th 2010, 7:39am

Putting moveable worked :)

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Thursday, February 4th 2010, 7:48am

;)

Cozmoz

Master

Thursday, February 4th 2010, 5:11pm

Hi Martin,

I've uploaded the latest file, would you say this is ready for uploading as a complete Xion skin now?

Regards,

Costa
  • Matias.zip (117.5 kB - 231 times downloaded - latest: Sep 12th 2014, 4:41am)