You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 7:02am

Weird Playlist Search Problem

OK.. so i think the screenshot is quite self-explanatory.. everytime I do any operation from the playlist search, thats what happens.. with any track whatsoever.. only playing the track (hitting enter or doubleclick) and remove selected from playlist works. Now, maybe I am missing something here, cuz nobody else seems to have had this sort of stuff. I would really like to use that feature, but.. :( Also, I am on XP-SP2, directx n all drivers updated, winamp 5.55, plugins list attached...

Any ideas anyone...

kihoskh has attached the following images:
  • winamp_ss.jpg
  • winamp_plugins_ss.jpg

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

Name: Pieter

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 7:40am

Very strange problem...

Do you use a language pack?
And what the full path of the your music?
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Name: Martin

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 10:37am

so far i cannot reproduce.

language doesn't seem to be a problem.
Can you try with a clean winamp installation? I suspect a 3rd party plugin interfers with the method used here
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 12:09pm

Thanks for the quick replies.. I have some new info...

@pjn123 -> No language pack for winamp and path is simple = G:\music\trance\... although thats an external drive, but that shudn't be a prob now, shud it..

@martin -> I am pretty sure its not possible to reproduce easily and no plugin is the culprit... read on...

This is what I did -> I have a vista box where winamp was never installed.. I simply copied the entire winamp folder from my laptop to the desktop and that search thingy works fine there.. perfectly fine! So definitely NOT a problem with cpro/plugins/winamp etc. etc. All rejoice! :)

Now I am from India and my laptop is a dell, which I am sure was manufactured in some east-asian country, reason - it came with east asian language support turned on in winxp. I have turned that off, but two things still remain, the code-page-conversion selections in "Regional and language settings", plus a few fonts like gulim, batang, simsun etc etc. I cannot remove those fonts, cuz I have tried before and bad bad things happen... This is perhaps the only "Language" problem I can think of, but no other programs seem to be affected, hell even the rest of cpro works like a dream! Also all other locales and settings are either Default or United States.

I wil try a full winamp cleanup, files and registry, then reinstall later in the evening...

oh and btw.. that junk entry in the playlist is not playable, alt+3 shows "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\铣矔�矔ɶ J"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kihoskh" (Jun 28th 2009, 12:14pm)

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 1:02pm

thx,
the junk entry comes from a invalid pointer (imo) - so this isn't a language problem.
before you go uninstalling winamp try to reinstall cPro 1.12 and select 'delete studio.xnf + winamp.ini'. This will clean up your winamp settings. And try then again.

What you can try as next step before unisntalling is deleting %appdata%/winamp (hidden folder in your user directory)
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 4:11pm

it happens the same here. might be a winamp prob not cpro.

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 4:41pm

k, can you please export your winamp playlist (m3u), or test if this still fails w/ a new playlist and tracks being located in the root of c:\ (c:\a.mp3, c:\b.mp3, ...)

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 5:43pm

Some progress.. not success.

Deleted studio.xnf, all instances of winamp.ini, reinstalled cpro... it worked a little bit, no junk text anymore, BUT the file doesnt play... what happens is, the path gets truncated at exactly 130 characters.. I have tried with the mp3s from the same directory, all gets to max 130 chars and gets cut off.

I then made a copy of that folder in root of D:, renamed the files to abcd*.mp3 (no change in tags), and it works flawlessly.

Actually the same prob happens in my vista machine also, in the morning i didnt play the queued file. When the path exceeds 130 chars, the truncated file name appears in the playlist instead of junk, so I had just assumed that it wud play, but mais non... :(

I think this answers Martin's question about "new playlist and tracks being located in the root of c:\"

so wat next..

edit: the same folder\files can be queued perfectly using normal jump...

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 6:53pm

yea this is what i feared, it's a winamp bug. will try to fix today when i am working on some winamp skinning stuff tonite

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 7:06pm

oh can u do me one more favor? which functions from the rightclickmenu don't work for you

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 7:44pm

None of them work, except "remove selected from playlist".. also, I can always doubleclick and play the song directly from the search results..

so happy to hear it can be fixed.. :) yea!

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 8:44pm

i cannot promise that it can be fixed, but i work on it