You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

• "pjn123" started this thread

Name: Pieter

Saturday, April 11th 2009, 11:38pm

Chapterlist Widget for ClassicPro (2012-12-19)

Features:
  • Chapters is saved in a xml file The xml file will be saved in the same directory as the file thats playing.
  • You can repeat a chapter (just goto the chapter and click the playing icon once to enable the loop icon). This is almost like A-B repeat in some players.
  • You can edit the names of your chapter.
  • Can be used on anything that can play in Winamp and have a track length (thus not streamed media)
  • The icons used in the list will probably not look right in all the skins but this will be fixed for final version

Please test good and enjoy! Hope its useful for someone hehe ;)

What's new?

: Version 0.7 (2012-12-19) ::
[pjn123]
- Support for ClassicPro 2

:: Version 0.5 (2009-07-19) ::
[pjn123]
- List icons is now colortheme & skin compatible
- List is now language compatible
- Widget manager compatible
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Name: Martin

Monday, April 13th 2009, 1:21pm

works quite well!
i like the new icons!
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

pjn123

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 1:34pm

:: Version 0.5 (2009-07-19) ::
[pjn123]
- List icons is now colortheme & skin compatible
- List is now language compatible
- Widget manager compatible

Download Chapterlist Widget v0.5 for ClassicPro

rick7

Intermediate

Tuesday, October 27th 2009, 11:21am

Using Chapterlist

Hi -- I've just installed the Chapterlist widget. I want to save my last-listened position in a podcast so I can come back to that position if go listen to something else and then want to come back to pick up where I left off. Is that possible?

I've clicked on the 'Add New Chapter' button while I'm listening to a podcast but I can't see how to save or name that chapter. I see the 'New Chapter' gets named with the timestamp of where you are. but I'm not sure what to do with the New Chapter that I just created. Double-clicking on it does nothing. Thanks for any help.

pjn123

Tuesday, October 27th 2009, 1:43pm

Dbl-Clicking the item in the list will go that position (or thats what suppose to happen).
But you should be able to use this plugin for your purpose :)
If it doesnt there might be a bug somewhere then we can take it further and try to fix it ;)

Just to get it right... A podcast is basically a normal mp3 right? Not something thats streamed from the internet?

But on a different note, I want to do an add on for ClassicPro that will enable you to auto seek to the last played position if you close Winamp while it was playing. But this is on my to do list ;)

rick7

Intermediate

Wednesday, October 28th 2009, 1:41am

Chapterlist widget

Well, I'm not an expert on these things but I think a podcast would only be an .MP3 file if you download it. In Winamp downloading your podcast is an option but most of the time I DON'T download it but instead just let Winamp read it off the server. Maybe your widget doesn't work for podcasts that you're just listening to off the server?

So I'm listening to a podcast off the server. I just clicked the "Add New Chapter" button and it created two chapters -- "Start of First Chapter" and "New Chapter". I then stopped playing the podcast (clicked Stop button). Then I double-clicked the New Chapter I'd created. Nothing happened -- no sound, no playback, not on the "Start of first chapter" or on the "New chapter".

So then I tried to get it working on a downloaded podcast. I started a downloaded podcast and I did the same thing. I listened for a bit and then clicked the "Add New Chapter" button. It created two chapters again. Then I stopped playing the podcast. Then I doubled-clicked on the "New Chapter" and still nothing happened -- it didn't start.

Hmm...I just tried it on a regular .MP3 file and I get the same results -- "Add New Chapter" but when I click on either of the two chapters nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong?

rick7

Intermediate

Wednesday, October 28th 2009, 4:00am

OK, I AM getting it working as long as I'm using downloaded podcasts. The thing that I was missing is that once you've created the chapters and then left that podcast to go listen to ANOTHER podcast, in order to activate the chapters on the original podcast you have you click the PLAY button first. Just double-clicking the chapters is not sufficient. But if you click Play, then the chapters you created become available, and I can go to any of them that I just created and pick up where you left off at that time. That works great. THANK YOU.

But podcasts on the server -- the Widget doesn't seem to work.

Question: how do you change the name of your chapters?

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Wednesday, October 28th 2009, 6:36am

Well if I understood how pieter coded the widget, the chapter manager will create a file with the same name as your mp3 in the SAME folder. So bad luck for podcasts/mp3s on server.

I'm sure we can get this fixed!

Idea: have a directory to store podcast chapter files (Maybe the downloadfolder of media monitor?)
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

pjn123

Wednesday, October 28th 2009, 7:13am

Yes we can add the function where mp3 that listened from a server or something have the chapter info stored in a central folder. But will have to check if we can see the filename if its a streaming podcast or else we'll have to make another plan.

rick7

Intermediate

Wednesday, October 28th 2009, 10:42am

How do you rename a chapter?

pjn123

Wednesday, October 28th 2009, 6:52pm

Click on the chapter and edit it in the editbox under the list. Then just press enter

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Wednesday, October 28th 2009, 7:47pm

maybe save it as URI.xml
so http://www.myserver.com/podcasts/foo/bar.mp3 might get the filename http---www.myserver.com-podcasts-foo-bar.mp3.xml

just replacing any not allowed chars (like / \ ? : ...) by a -

rick7

Intermediate

Thursday, October 29th 2009, 2:32pm

Editing chapter name

"Click on the chapter and edit it in the editbox under the list. Then just press enter"

Great-now I see that. Thanks. For downloaded podcasts this Widget works great. Thank you.

rick7

Intermediate

Saturday, October 31st 2009, 1:10pm

Vertically resize Chapterlist pane?

It seems that you can't vertically resize the Chapterlist pane to be any smaller than it is. It won't let me drag its top border down. I sometimes only want one chapter name per media file, and would like to just have a narrower chapterlist pane to free up space for other panes. Any thoughts?

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Saturday, October 31st 2009, 1:54pm

well, i think we could include something like this for the next cpro release - but this is finally up to pieter.

rick7

Intermediate

Sunday, December 13th 2009, 3:59pm

Hi, was just wondering if there was further thoughts about adding the ability to create chapters on streaming (non-downloaded) podcasts as we were talking about back in October. If a tester is needed, I'm totally available. Thanks for your thoughts.

pjn123

Monday, December 14th 2009, 1:50pm

Hi Rick7

Give me the link or what ever your using for the stream then I'll see what I can do. I have time now so if its possible you'll see a fix by wednesday :)

rick7

Intermediate

Monday, December 14th 2009, 2:01pm

THANK YOU. Here are three podcasts I listen to:

itpc://feeds.feedburner.com/nybooks-podcasts
http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=510075
http://audio.commonwealthclub.org/audio/podcast/weekly.xml

Whatever you can do so that ChapterList works on these streaming podcasts would be greatly appreciated.

pjn123

Monday, December 14th 2009, 9:50pm

http://www.skinconsortium.com/index.php?…load&itemID=128

Check if it works now ;)

Please let me know if you need more stuff :)

rick7

Intermediate

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 3:02am

You're a GENIUS!!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll test more tomorrow, from it seems to work perfectly from what I see. Thank you VERY much for this.