You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Quadhelix" started this thread

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 4:23pm

Call to Design II

Skin Consortium is calling to get some great ClassicPro skins/designs done.
Here are the rules:
  • If you are interested reply in this thread mentioning the topic you want to work on
  • As soon we will give you a 'go', you can start working on the design concept
  • If the concept is approved you will get $25 for sure
  • Putting the stuff into ClassicPro will result in $25 added so a finished skin will receive $50

Note: If you feel like ClassicPro isn't the right target for your design idea and you would like to create something for Xion, feel free to let us know.
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

tfensky

Professional

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 6:44pm

hi Quad,

something like this?

:D

But I have to ask Pieter whether it is possible with cPro :(

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

Name: Pieter

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 7:01pm

Can be done... but it wont be that good since you'll have to use the transparency hack because the Winamp developers dont want to fix the bug :D hehe
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 7:24pm

thought it wasnt a bug but a Windows limitation. maybe not with vista's architecture, but since tons of xp (or older) still being used i doubt it will be changed.

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 8:04pm

like the buttons looks nice !! can you just make a black version of it , or use the blue w/o transparency
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

pjn123

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 8:31pm

thought it wasnt a bug but a Windows limitation. maybe not with vista's architecture, but since tons of xp (or older) still being used i doubt it will be changed.

Dont think its a Windows or XP limitation. Winamp used to work on Windows 98 and a few versions back that support was stopped. So I think it have something to do with the face that Win9x could display transparent stuff so thats why it was disabled (Because there isnt an alpha_image xml param on <layer like there is for a fix background.

But I'm sure once the developers actually take the time to look they'll have a fix.

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Name: Martin

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 9:52pm

oh i have messed w/ the layered window stuff this weekend! and all i have to say is that it is ugly to handle :( it's deffo no bug!
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

pjn123

Monday, March 9th 2009, 4:40am

(Me crying) :P

tfensky

Professional

Monday, March 9th 2009, 7:28pm

ok, here the new version with small button - but then no vista-hover :(

Monday, March 9th 2009, 8:20pm

sweeet ! !
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

Thursday, March 12th 2009, 7:01pm

I will give the fast and furious one a try...sounds fun. I'll post back here so you guys can see my concept.

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Thursday, March 12th 2009, 7:47pm

oh that reminds me that your GTA4 files are still in my mail folder. will give em a try as soon i have time
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

Thursday, March 12th 2009, 10:30pm

thanks that will be great!!
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

Sunday, March 15th 2009, 3:42am

yea cool thanks martin, also I am just wondering about how payment is gonna be done for that (well keep it to pm or something) oh and im going to do a Xion mock up first and possibly port to cpro, and class starts back up on monday so it may be slow to make progress but its near the top for stuff to do.

Sunday, March 15th 2009, 4:39am

$25 for the design of gta4 pm me your paypal.
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Sunday, March 15th 2009, 10:07am

will do some GTA coding today :=)

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 9:10pm

Tfenski love the wista cant wait to see finished.

tips... should take off the wording like wista etc... make it look smoother.

what do you have left to do?
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

Friday, March 27th 2009, 12:02am

GTA4 is still in Martin's hands. F&F Skin is making new progress in Xion AND Cpro, They will be completely different looking skins (the cpro version being closest to the winamp modern one but not the same of course. and the xion version being completely free-styler made from the body reference of a more modern mustang (I have three Xion skins in concept right now, two will be finished and one I'll post to see if I should continue it.) also another xion skin will be based off of the layouts I found for the official myspace pages found on the fastandfurious website and various elements found on the site itself...) So in all I'll have 1 cPro and 2 Xion skins and 1 Concept for Xion posted when I finish the skins enough for a good preview.

After these I may start either a Transformers2 skin or a U2 skin (depending on what the resources look like for them although hypothetically the T2 one should be easier but you never know.) Also I have a Windows Seven based skin in progress in Xion im not sure if you want me to submit that for this but I might have already posted a preview somewhere on SC (although it has changed since that preview.) the only thing that that skin is waiting for is the playlist functionality to stabalize and a more stable version of Xion to be released.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jikaru" (Mar 27th 2009, 12:07am)

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Friday, March 27th 2009, 7:43am

I'll take a look at GTA4 next week

TosheX

Professional

Tuesday, March 31st 2009, 3:54pm

I've got a nice idea about the U2 skin, i will do some initial work, and give the concept as a print screen. Should be done by tonight if no major problems appear.

EDIT: OK, so the skin is about 30% done, and a screenshot is provided in the attachment as for you to see the concept. The skin follows the simple yet very likable design that U2 implements on their website and their new album cover art (the screenshot was taken with the player on a background of the new U2 album cover). The background on the skin is actually taken from the new album front cover. Following the new U2 album name, I name this skin: Winamp cPro U2 NO LOTH, which is short of "U2 NO LINE ON THE HORIZON".
TosheX has attached the following image:
  • Untitled-1.png

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TosheX" (Mar 31st 2009, 11:21pm)