You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

• "martin.deimos" started this thread

Name: Martin

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 11:27am

Shoutbox for ClassicPro (v0.51)

Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 12:48pm

Yesss! cool, would really like this.
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 3:53pm

who wants to testdrive the UI?
http://shup.com/Shup/123036/cpro-widget-Shoutbox-0.1.exe

it doesn't remember anything on the site yet... so nothing much to be expected from
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 6:09pm

would it be possible to load like a trillian or pidgin buddy list, (these two IM programs compile a list of usernames from buddy lists on different IM services) into a window and message those people through cpro? instead of opening say trillian or pidgin.

SLoB

SLoB

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 7:01pm

martin and I talked about this briefly, the idea is to have some kind of twitter style thing going on with the cpro community, get cpro users to talk to each other and talk about music or wotever

so pretty much anything is possible atm, although i think it will probably be very basic to begin with, we can look at adding any kind of list, should not really restrict it to just one type but many, so you can import from different im progs

we should think about possible server issues though and restrict char count to max 200 or something like that, a bit more meatier messages can be added then

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 7:58pm

i've already done the db with a charlimit of 200 :P
i don't think it'll explode our server :) let's test how much it'll be used. I'm also thinking of having an outorefresh feature. What do u think the ideal refresh intervall will be? 30 / 60 / ... sec?
(will be customizable of course)
For direct messenging i think we might need a chat plugin instead :( sorry that this won't be possible atm. but i could imagine to create different rooms if this feature is requested alot

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 8:22pm

Hi,

I really appreciate your hard effort with CP - kudos!

However, when I read threads like this I am always scared to death! Please try to make new exciting features that are not really related to playing music (I guess this is what it is all about) optional, so we do not end up with a bloated piece of software that tries to solved all the world's problems in one package -- this mistake has been made before in the industry and I would hate to see that happen to one of my favourite applications.

/ Keep rockin' guys, Poul

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 9:42pm

nah this is an optional package :)
http://shup.com/Shup/123247/cpro-widget-Shoutbox-0.2.exe

this should work now (except that all messages are displayed three times - at least for me)

i'm waiting for chat partners

SLoB

SLoB

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 11:45pm

yea, the object is to have these as downloadable widgets, we will be introducing more widgets over time, people can then plug in what they want

also that the widgets are not just about winamp xml/maki and can be done with html, js etc..

could even incorporate games into widgets and all sorts

musical chess anyone? ;) heheh

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 11:46pm

http://shup.com/Shup/123287/cpro-widget-Shoutbox-0.3.exe

just adds a few fixes :)

enjoy the stuff!

Friday, February 27th 2009, 4:52am

sweet ill be sure to check it out when I get a chance probably wont be for a few days (taking a mini-vacation) but it sounds cool, refresh rate should be somewhere like 5-10 seconds IMO, I type fast and think fast so when I send a message and it doesn't reach you immediately you get what I like to call a "single entity multi-message" which is where the same two people are having a split conversation and it seems it is like 4 people speaking in one chat. This happens even with an immediate refresh rate, I would hate to see what 10 seconds could cause...this happens to me alot...

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Friday, February 27th 2009, 9:24am

it's configurable and defaulted to 30 sec. we have no idea how this could impact our server, so it will be to 30 sec for the first run

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 4:43pm

version 0.51 released.

Changes:
* Global Charcount
* Users Online list

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 3:06pm

hey this is awesome martin. :thumbup:

suggestion, how about using javascript (XMLHTTP) to do the update rather than reloading the page. the clicks are a bit annoying. :)

SLoB

SLoB

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 3:25pm

yea already mentioned that, I think now its pretty much working we can work on it

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 9:37pm

martin is it supposed to look like this?

maybe use dif add like we have on top of all SC pages with just the 4 words - skins - ipod new skin ,etcc

We cant see what people are posting until they scroll down.
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 7:26am

erm, yea the clicks are annoying :)
maybe i should really use AJAX to update the page. But i have no time atm to update anything.
Quad, nope this must be an IE6 bug :( i'll check it out soon since this is a high priority bug hehe

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 7:39am

IE6 bug is fixed

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 12:34pm

also maybe an option to move the shoutbox into the main sui?

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 2:22pm

already included