You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

• "pjn123" started this thread

Name: Pieter

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 9:44pm

ClassicPro v2.00 Beta 2 (19 Dec 2012)

ClassicPro© v2.00

Download Here (1.21MB)

Create and share your own color themes for this skin here!

What's new in this release?
Version 2.00 Beta 2 (19 Dec 2012)
  • cPro 2
  • Updated: cPro2__Aluminum v1.2
  • Fixed: Buttons with transparent bits don't always work
  • Fixed: When resizing from smallest height components might be transparent temparary
  • Fixed: Some list have a slightly different color
  • Fixed: Now Playing album cover reflection wrong color on colorthemes
  • Changed: Mini volume background gammagroup changed to ("n.playback.button.normal")
  • Changed: New gammagroup for bottom part of player ("n.frame.player.bottom")
  • Changed: Gammagroup of the Web Reader progress bar is now ("n.infoseek.seek.active")

Version 2.00 Beta 1 (4 Dec 2012)
  • cPro 2:
  • New: Support for Cpro2 skins!
  • New: New default cPro2 skin by Victhor (cPro2 - Aluminum)
  • New: Support for skins using just the single user interface of cPro2
  • New: Web Reader tab (Combination of the Browser and BrowserPro)
  • New: New File Info Viewer
  • New: Can now toggle the visualizations in the main menu
  • New: Support for AeroSnap (optional)
  • Improved: Skin layout on first load of engine
  • Improved: Visualization and Video tab now opens where it was last opened
  • Improved: More options in the menu

• cPro 1:
  • Improved: BrowserPro have new updated sources list (use same list as the cPro2 Reader)
  • Fixed: Browser doesn't open a dead link anymore

• cPro 1&2:
  • New: ALT + Prev/Next plays prev/next file in the current folder (great for videos too)
  • New: Skinner now also in credits (see Preferences > Modern Skins > Current Skin & ClassicPro.xml)
  • New: Can now open the equalizer with Alt+G and in the main/view menu (easier to find for new users)
  • Improved: About skin interface
  • Improved: Album Art now shows visual feedback on dbl-click (quick fade out/in)
  • Improved: Notifier can now change the fade and stay times (right-Click on notifier)
  • Fixed: Scrolling up in mini area goes blank if no widgets are installed
  • Fixed: ALT + Open button now loads all files of same extension of the current playing file
  • Fixed: "Get album art" now hidden if your Winamp version doesn't support it
  • Fixed: About current skin ages isn't correct in leap years
  • Fixed: Now Playing tab reflection is broken sometimes

:thumbup:
Copyright © 2005-2013 by SkinConsortium
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

Wednesday, December 5th 2012, 6:12am

great update, will test it. Thank you! :thumbsup:

BRMC :thumbup:

Name: Victor

Wednesday, December 5th 2012, 11:45am

And maybe we should add to the list :
. New? right click behavior on pause / play.
. Tabs go fullscreen on double click.
. New button /option to activate /deactivate Search bar on playlist.
. Native shadow support for skinners

+ Some extra color themes: http://victhor.deviantart.com/art/cPRO2-Aluminum-341345775

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Victhor" (Dec 7th 2012, 11:36pm)

Wednesday, December 12th 2012, 1:05pm

i love it, i really like all the improvements, particularly the "window snap" feature, let me focus on the bad for the sake of feedback

suggestions:
- winamp gets out of fullscreen when i click like everywhere (for example equalizer), its irritating instead of helpful, leave this feature functional only on certain areas like upper bar or something

question:
- widgets: do they have to be recoded or something? im unable to install both chapterlist and picturebox widgets, i found a getaround by copying certain widget files into "2.0" folder for widgets, and they work and all, but they are missing controls, im assuming the layout has been changed, any comments on the issue i have?

something like personal wish:
- cpro2 aluminium theme: the separators between elements in library are kinda like doubled, i notice that there are probably 2 separators - default separator and element's separator/border(only right + bottom), personally i find this redundant and eliminating the border separator would make it more clean

future:
i always felt like winamp's UI holds more potential then it utilizes, breaking down of the UI into universal 'elements' that can store any content via widgets is exactly what was needed, which leaves me wondering - where are all those widgets?
- more widgets
- greater unification between windows, 1 - make them all equivalent(give media library also the switch widget button + give the other ones optional tabs) 2 - give user the ability to add/remove windows - now users are restricted to 2(vertical(library+custom))+2(horizontal(playlist+custom) windows
in other words, abstractly speaking, this would transform winamp into empty container storing custom amount of one type of container- widget container, restricting user's layout only by resolution and by being 2D (which tabs solve, tab = multiple widgets in container=3rd dimension)

Wednesday, December 12th 2012, 1:57pm

Hello! First of all i want to say thank you to everyone who create this cool addon CPRO for Winamp! And second i want to ask you about black/blue and other colors skin version for 2.0. Maybe Alluminium Black or BigBento redisign. I very need black skin for CPRO 2.0? i dont like a bright desktop, I trying to create but this is not cool (

Maybe you share black version for personal use! Thank you!

pjn123

Wednesday, December 12th 2012, 3:08pm

@ttuoli
Thanks for the feedback. Always nice to see any feedback

- winamp gets out of fullscreen when i click like everywhere (for example equalizer), its irritating instead of helpful, leave this feature functional only on certain areas like upper bar or something

This should actually be default thanks. So the window should just be move able anywhere when the window isn't full screen?
But on a side note, do you mean that when you just click the eq background winamp gets out of fullscreen? If so its not suppose to do that. Do you maybe have a multi monitor setup? (haven't tested on this yet)

- widgets: do they have to be recoded or something? im unable to install both chapterlist and picturebox widgets, i found a getaround by copying certain widget files into "2.0" folder for widgets, and they work and all, but they are missing controls, im assuming the layout has been changed, any comments on the issue i have?

Since the main area and the drawer/mini area now have the same size status bar (and use the same gfx) there have to be some minor interface changes but this shouldn't take too long. Will put it on my to do list and inform you when the new versions are up. Glad to see someone also use chapterlist :D

- cpro2 aluminium theme: the separators between elements in library are kinda like doubled, i notice that there are probably 2 separators - default separator and element's separator/border(only right + bottom), personally i find this redundant and eliminating the border separator would make it more clean

@ Victhor

- greater unification between windows, 1 - make them all equivalent(give media library also the switch widget button + give the other ones optional tabs) 2 - give user the ability to add/remove windows - now users are restricted to 2(vertical(library+custom))+2(horizontal(playlist+custom) windows
in other words, abstractly speaking, this would transform winamp into empty container storing custom amount of one type of container- widget container, restricting user's layout only by resolution and by being 2D (which tabs solve, tab = multiple widgets in container=3rd dimension)

Your approach remind me of the skin by Leechbite called Kameleon DUI. :D
The main objective for cpro will always be not too resource intensive. Things like the ML also needs the interface to be big so wont work in a drawer (unless the drawer is resized very big). Furthermore the Winamp side of stuff is a bit buggy at the best of times when it comes to handling components so changing anything with it involves lots of testing, cups of coffee and a bit of midnight oil :P

So the current layout might be a bit too basic for some but I think its still give more room for user preferences than the default Bento skin for example. This also have the advantage to not scare the not so power user with a UI that is so customizable that its difficult to find your favorite layout quickly.
But this is not to say that it might not valid a future separate project

pjn123

Wednesday, December 12th 2012, 3:14pm

Hello! First of all i want to say thank you to everyone who create this cool addon CPRO for Winamp! And second i want to ask you about black/blue and other colors skin version for 2.0. Maybe Alluminium Black or BigBento redisign. I very need black skin for CPRO 2.0? i dont like a bright desktop, I trying to create but this is not cool (

Maybe you share black version for personal use! Thank you!

I'm also getting bored of the bright colortheme for the default skin ;)
But more colorthemes are coming soon - the current themes are no where near of what you can expect in the final version... they were just added to show that colors are possible hehe

Victhor(creator of the skin) have posted a few extra themes on his deviantart page:
http://victhor.deviantart.com/art/cPRO2-Aluminum-341345775

I'm also planning to create a few of my own but when it comes to colorthemes you can just look at Victhor's other skins to see that he never disappoints :thumbup: !

Wednesday, December 12th 2012, 6:27pm

Quoted

do you mean that when you just click the eq background winamp gets out of fullscreen? If so its not suppose to do that.

this, glad to see it acknowledged as unwanted behavior

Quoted

Will put it on my to do list and inform you when the new versions are up.

thats great, thank you

Quoted

Glad to see someone also use chapterlist

if course
i always wanted this functionality, but never dreamed someone would code it for real, now its invaluable for me, but i need tighter integration - its too much standalone with unused potential

suggestions:
- make it work for any selected song in library, not just the one thats currently playing
- it really screams for browsing ability, user should be able to browse songs and see all their chapters, imagine showing chapter frame for each song instead of just name in media library or chapterlist for entire album/playlist/folder (recommend the first one)
- comment section = zero chapter - comment tag is good, but it has its use, i need multiple line commenting - i find this feature very important, also i think being able to create multiple zero chapters would be very useful as well, imagine being able to give a title to this zero chapter, this way one can compare chapters/comments of different songs directly like with tag

more feedback on cPro 2
file info:
- elements' positioning is off on two occasions when i put the widget above playlist:
1 cover above info: info text floats above playlist and creates unnecessary empty space while the cover is unnecessary small, this empty space is not even constant, vertical resizing of the widget makes it smaller/bigger
2 cover next to info : cover gets vertically centered, but info text doesnt, its illogical and makes the design ugly, the best option is to align cover to top just like the info text
- i love this widget, but i got used to picture box widget incredibly fast and started to use multiple pictures, in other words i need my picture box now and file info's functionality cant provide good substitute, cleanest solution would be to allow user to have two widget containers above playlist, one for file info, one for picture box

stored playlists:
- im not sure why the appearance of this 'widget' doesnt match that of playlist, it has darker color and thus is 'out of place', i suggest just giving it the same looks as playlist has for cleaner and more consistent skin looks

multi button
- color change crashes my winamp, it could be related to the fact that selecting any other skin (even cPro 1.15) crashes winamp as well, but even color change? weird

window snap
- when user snaps winamp off and consequently goes out of fullscreen mode, position of the macromized (minimize>macromize>maximize) winamp is off and mouse cursor can appear out of application, to see this unsightly behaviour yourself, snap winamp off by mouse drag close to close button (app resizes itself and moves to wrong coordinates)
- solution: change X coordinate of resized app, now i always gets [0,0] which is not right, it should be [MouseX - (Winamp_fullscreen_Width / mouseX) * Winamp_macroscreen_Width ,0] which sets macromized winamp's horizontal location (x coordinate) respectively to where did the user snap it off from
i tested windows 7 window snap and it also has one additional feature - if you snap the app close to right/left border of the screen, the macromized application's width is set to 50% of the screen width, this way user desnt have to snap application to right/left side to get 50/50 view, i still prefer going those additional few hundred pixels and snap it appropriately to the side, but i felt like mentioning my little discovery, since this behavior is just two little IFs to code (most probably)

i have tons of suggestions/tips for widgets and stuff, but is there manpower and will to realize some of them? can anyone point me to someone 'bored and skilled enough' ? I could code something myself, but i need good directions on winamp + cPro, i checked out code for some widgets and i understood what was going on (mostly), but if i should do it myself i would have no idea...
some ideas for widgets:
- graphs for statistics like sizes, number of songs, everything...
- history graphs, showing how collection changes - number of songs, again, everything...
- assign custom attribute to a song - either find some unused tag or xml like chapterlist, i saw plugin (for itunes? not sure) where you can assign color to a song (this would great), but if anything, why not give user the power of multiple custom fields, its basically slightly changed chapterlist widget, but again, this needs browsing/searching mode
- anyone heard of muffin player and its galaxy? THERE, winamp needs this!
- etc...

Friday, December 14th 2012, 2:24am

Hello! First of all i want to say thank you to everyone who create this cool addon CPRO for Winamp! And second i want to ask you about black/blue and other colors skin version for 2.0. Maybe Alluminium Black or BigBento redisign. I very need black skin for CPRO 2.0? i dont like a bright desktop, I trying to create but this is not cool

Don´t worry, I´m already working on a "not so white" version ;), after the beta release I´ve also tested with dark color themes and it´s not doing good, so I started working on it.
A black version is possible, I LOVE dark skins, but the black color theme is the first thing you´ll see. A default skin should meet some standards so I went the white version path.

Stay tuned for the final release!

Friday, December 14th 2012, 2:48am

Mmm.. I´m not sure of which one you say, probably you´re talking about the bottom one, which separates ML from EQ/Color themes/etc. But in any case, that line should be there cause there is no separator when you have other things open, like Now playing or Playlist, it helps to integrate it with the other lines used in the rest of the SUI (vertical and horizontal too).

pjn123

Monday, December 17th 2012, 2:26pm

@ttuoli

@chapterlist - A list of the created chapterlist songs might be possible. But cant integrate this with the ML because this is just coded in the Winamp skinning engine :(
Multiple lines for the comments is good idea. Can also point straight to an url maybe and instead show the webpage. Maybe a rightside that shows the extended comment and/or webpage.

@file info - Want to improve the arrangement of the text/cover in the future

@stored playlists - think this is maybe just a typo. Will check before final

@multi button - ?? So doesn't cPro1.15 skins work anymore? This shouldn't be the case. There was a bug here before the beta release but I thought it was fixed.

@aerosnap - Don't like that unsightly behavior too but Winamp doesn't allow me to position the skin if the user is busy with a resize. The code is the commented out atm if I remember correctly. But still want to find a workaround if possible.

Quoted

i tested windows 7 window snap and it also has one additional feature - if you snap the app close to right/left border of the screen, the macromized application's width is set to 50% of the screen width, this way user desnt have to snap application to right/left side to get 50/50 view, i still prefer going those additional few hundred pixels and snap it appropriately to the side, but i felt like mentioning my little discovery, since this behavior is just two little IFs to code (most probably
Maybe my brain is a bit lazy but don't see that behavior unless I'm not understanding something?

@more ideas - Winamp skinning language might be a bit limited for that. But its always possible to do a plugin that can display in a tab/widget. When you do a proper plugin you have way more power like the ability to change id3tags and read info from the ML.
This muffinplayer looks interesting... will check it out thx

PS: The unwanted behavior with the click on the eq bg where Winamp comes out of FS... Do you have a multiple monitor screen setup? Winamp registers and click on the monitor as a "move" event. So atm only move events that dont return the skin y-axis position as zero register as a move event.

Monday, December 17th 2012, 7:56pm

Hi, nice to see a new ClassicPro. However I had an error when I tried to switch to the cPro2 skin which is attached. I uninstalled and reinstalled both winamp and cPro before this. cPro 1 skins open just fine.
MerTcaN has attached the following image:
  • assertion failed.png

pjn123

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 8:03am

@MerTcaN - Mmm... do you use a language pack for Winamp?

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 1:19pm

Hi ttuoli,

Are you using the current version of Winamp 5.63? I'm not having crashes when changing skins or changing the skin color schemes. I'm also not having the skins switch out of maximized size unless I double click on a view tab. Once maximized, clicking anywhere else the skin stays maximized. This with both the sample cPro2.0 beta skin and the cPro1.5 skins I have been using before this release.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aminifu" (Dec 18th 2012, 1:25pm)

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 8:05pm

thank you for replies

Quoted

Are you using the current version of Winamp 5.63? I'm not having crashes when changing skins or changing the skin color schemes. I'm also not having the skins switch out of maximized size unless I double click on a view tab. Once maximized, clicking anywhere else the skin stays maximized. This with both the sample cPro2.0 beta skin and the cPro1.5 skins I have been using before this release.

Yes, im using latest version of Winamp. But truth is, i have been experiencing one bug for as long as i remember - upon starting the application, media library window is blank and i have to refresh it. Nothing seems to solve it, i gave up long time ago. And lately, i have been experiencing some more bugs. CPro (most probably Picture Box) gives me 40%+ CPU usage when my playlist lists hundreds items. Then winamp stopped saving settings and kept resetting to certain date each time it started (its gone now). I will have to properly reinstall everything clean i am afraid. To be honest i hate how winamp spreads its settings and libraries around whole OS so i avoid clean installs.

i will clean this up and hopefully cPro 1.15 skins start to work again. And also color switching of cPro2's default theme

multbutton, 1.15 skins

Quoted

@multi button - ?? So doesn't cPro1.15 skins work anymore? This shouldn't be the case. There was a bug here before the beta release but I thought it was fixed.

it doesnt work for me. Keep in mind that my winamp is broken. I will note this as bug when i clean install winamp and it will trouble me again. For now, lets brush this off as my winamp's fault.

aerosnap

Quoted

@aerosnap - Don't like that unsightly behavior too but Winamp doesn't allow me to position the skin if the user is busy with a resize.

I suspected that could be the case. Its not affecting functionallity, so its not very important

Quoted

Quoted

i tested windows 7 window snap and it also has one additional feature - if you snap the app close to right/left border of the screen, the macromized application's width is set to 50% of the screen width, this way user desnt have to snap application to right/left side to get 50/50 view, i still prefer going those additional few hundred pixels and snap it appropriately to the side, but i felt like mentioning my little discovery, since this behavior is just two little IFs to code (most probably

Maybe my brain is a bit lazy but don't see that behavior unless I'm not understanding something?

Interesting. It must have been feature of the application i tested it on. You are right, its not integrated in Windows 7. But i did observe it on one application i fail to remember now.

fulscreen bug

Quoted

The unwanted behavior with the click on the eq bg where Winamp comes out of FS... Do you have a multiple monitor screen setup? Winamp registers and click on the monitor as a "move" event. So atm only move events that dont return the skin y-axis position as zero register as a move event.

Are you saying this is happening only on multi monitor setups? No i dont have one.
But again, i must admit that it could be related to multi monitor. Once i unintentionally pressed WIN+P (appears to be switching displays) and from then on i have a minor bug with VMware player in fulcreen mode(virtual pc app) where upon the virtual pc going into sleep mode, the app switches to some second desktop and disappears. Pressing WIN+P gives it back. I might have turned multi-monitor setup back then somehow, because i pressed keyboard randomly while searching for it in dark room (hah...).

separator issue

Quoted

Mmm.. I´m not sure of which one you say, probably you´re talking about the bottom one, which separates ML from EQ/Color themes/etc. But in any case, that line should be there cause there is no separator when you have other things open, like Now playing or Playlist, it helps to integrate it with the other lines used in the rest of the SUI (vertical and horizontal too).

See attachment. I think the bottom and right side separators are unnecessary. I am sure that nobody in this world cares (besides me of course), but still, would it be possible to remove it and leave only screen-wide/high vertical/horizontal separators?

As you noted, Now playing doesnt have separator (only the screen wide ('default') one), so im talking about separators between media library's elements - artist, album, etc... the inner one that is sort of like border on right and bottom side of those elements/frames.
ttuoli has attached the following image:
  • Untitled-1.jpg

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 10:35pm

N
@MerTcaN - Mmm... do you use a language pack for Winamp?

No, I use English (US).

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 10:40pm

See attachment. I think the bottom and right side separators are unnecessary. I am sure that nobody in this world cares (besides me of course), but still, would it be possible to remove it and leave only screen-wide/high vertical/horizontal separators?

As you noted, Now playing doesnt have separator (only the screen wide ('default') one), so im talking about separators between media library's elements - artist, album, etc... the inner one that is sort of like border on right and bottom side of those elements/frames.

Those separators are hard coded in the Winamp. ClassicPro cannot change that.

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 1:09am

Hi ttuoli,

Quoted

But again, i must admit that it could be related to multi monitor. Once i unintentionally pressed WIN+P (appears to be switching displays) and from then on i have a minor bug with VMware player in fulcreen mode(virtual pc app) where upon the virtual pc going into sleep mode, the app switches to some second desktop and disappears. Pressing WIN+P gives it back. I might have turned multi-monitor setup back then somehow, because i pressed keyboard randomly while searching for it in dark room (hah...).

Win 7 does not natively support multiple desktops. If you have setup multiple monitors somehow, the article linked below may help you turn them off.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6815466_turn-off…e-monitors.html

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Aminifu" (Dec 19th 2012, 1:16am)

pjn123

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 9:46am

Beta 2 / ChapterList v0.7

A few updates...

Mostly skin/visual updates from Victhor.
The ChapterList widget can now also work in cPro2 skins. (haven't tested the installer :D)

Version 2.00 Beta 2 (19 Dec 2012)
  • cPro 2
  • Updated: cPro2__Aluminum v1.2
  • Fixed: Buttons with transparent bits don't always work
  • Fixed: When resizing from smallest height components might be transparent temparary
  • Fixed: Some list have a slightly different color (still have this bug on the saved playlist but thats a Winamp bug)
  • Fixed: Now Playing album cover reflection wrong color on colorthemes
  • Changed: Mini volume background gammagroup changed to ("n.playback.button.normal")
  • Changed: New gammagroup for bottom part of player ("n.frame.player.bottom")
  • Changed: Gammagroup of the Web Reader progress bar is now ("n.infoseek.seek.active")

Download here

ChapterList Widget updated to version 0.7
Download here

pjn123

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 10:04am

@MerTcaN
Have no idea why it would do that.
So it gives you that error before the player even shows?
Do you have anything "special" for your computer? And what Windows version, gfx card are you using?
Maybe share your %appdata%\Winamp\guru.log

@ttuoli
Fullscreen bug - Will tackle this in the new year. Think it might have something related to the VMware bug.
Will help if I test this on a multimonitor here too. But will probably have to find a new way to check if the user actually moved the player or just pressed the mouse button. (y=0 will not work on multiple monitor setup with different screen sizes.
Other bugs: I hope this is due to the broken Winamp :p
You can also test if it helps if you delete your plugins/ClassicPro folder before you install cPro. If it works then there is a bug in the installer.

Rate this thread

Sponsored Links: