You are not logged in.

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

Name: Pieter

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 10:58am

Will the current fullscreen do if it also goes always on top and over the taskbar? :)
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 2:30pm

That is not preferred, the current 'Maximize Winamp' button does not do that on my system.

pjn123

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 9:16pm

Yes it doesn't currently do that ;)

Just thinking that skinners wont want to do another set of gfx for a gain of +-70 pixels of vertical space.
On the mainview of cpro2 with the skin maximized its already removing the left,right and bottom borders for more space. Then there could maybe be an option to make skin fill the screen and not just screen minus taskbar.

Wednesday, May 30th 2012, 2:22am

I don't know what a set of gfx are. Don't know the technical details required to automatically do what is now done by clicking on the current 'Maximize Winamp' button. You know better the pros/cons and risk/reward from a developer/designer viewpoint.

From a user's viewpoint, 'always on top' and covering the taskbar could have undesirable consequences. There are other ways to launch apps on the taskbar, but I know of no alternate ways to view notifications from various things placed in the bar's notification area. Also, there could a need to bring other apps on top to access info needed when working in the WA media library.

If you're talking about adding another option for 'always on top' and covering the taskbar, isn't that even more work for the skinners. WA already has issues with it's own implementation of 'always on top'. That said, I recognize the desire some users have for a true full screen and 'always on top' mode (i. e. it would be useful when using WA as a jukebox at parties).

pjn123

Wednesday, May 30th 2012, 7:47pm

Think we're talking pass each other ;)

I was replying for Spannerz idea about a fullscreen separate new mode. But basically don't think people will use it so much and then skinners must create extra graphic images for their skins.

Your post 14 idea is on the to do list ;)

Friday, June 8th 2012, 5:37pm

Hello is there anybody out there, just nod if you can hear me.

Amazing how Cpro still lives and we still have plenty of visitors. Maybe we should wake up now -- new product.. I am done moving I live in California now. New job. Life movesssss.
Team Skin Consortium
my skins-

Here + 10 more

pjn123

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 8:28pm

I think I'm feeling a pulse ;)

• "Spannerz" started this thread

Name: Julian W.

Monday, June 11th 2012, 8:34am

Well... the world is moving to the Mobile Market - The Aero UI in Cpro2 Default is actually slowly phasing out... Shame, it still looks good and it's not even that old...
Still though, I'm doing a redesign that is a cross between aero and Metro.

Hmm, perhaps I could create a mobile media player for SCPro?
I'm alkready working on a mobile/ipad project for my university, haha, so I'll be learning iOS programming. Shouldn't be hard to adapt drivers etc. for an app, both are C or derivitives
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

Name: Victor

Tuesday, June 12th 2012, 3:32pm

Cpro get back! desktop computers will never die, people still have to work somewhere (while listening to music!).

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 5:21pm

Yes! We must revive the scene. I have many incomplete skins sitting in my projects folder waiting to be finished and released but cPro and the skin consortium site need a revamp.

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 9:17pm

Do you have some to show? I'm just about making a new post to show my work in progress (I started a couple at the same time), maybe it encourages others to finish their own.

Friday, June 22nd 2012, 9:47pm

Do you have some to show? I'm just about making a new post to show my work in progress (I started a couple at the same time), maybe it encourages others to finish their own.

Some are already in the forums in a 50% state. For the rest I need some motivation too :)

Monday, June 25th 2012, 6:04pm

Very good read about the history of winamp and the end of it...

http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/06/…r-undid-itself/

Monday, June 25th 2012, 11:25pm

I read it just today, it´s a must! Helps a lot to see reality about winamp..

Wednesday, June 27th 2012, 2:43pm

Yes a good article. Such wasted potential! But did you browse through the comments?
There is still a lot of love for Winamp and it is not dead yet, so put away the shovels.
At least 1 WA developer has stated the premature dead implied by the article has pissed
him off and he intends to do something, once he figures out what. :headbang:

Thursday, June 28th 2012, 6:59pm

Haha.. yep.. I started questioning the quality of the update, remembering how innovative Winamp was and at the same time someone posted this article, then began something like a snowball..
Let's hope it gets somewhere..

Ps: DrO isn't a dev, in winamp I think he is a moderator, the most active and the more willing to help all the time.

Friday, June 29th 2012, 2:41pm

DrO is a dev and a very good one. He is also a moderator. He justed added a couple patches to the 6/20/12 release, so there is already a new release dated 6/28/12.
The recent state of things (like the problem you had posting your skin) has forced him to stop his independent development work for the time being, but he is still
supporting the main product.

Take a look at the plug-ins he has developed or updated over the years.

http://nunzioweb.com/daz/plugins.html

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Aminifu" (Jun 29th 2012, 2:50pm)

• "Spannerz" started this thread

Name: Julian W.

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 8:01am

Hey guys - whoever is working on SCPro II, please lemme know? And can ya send me a copy of the work in progress so I can start looking at skinning?
Also, may I write a skin to be included with SCPro II?

Cheers.
~Julian/Spannerz
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

pjn123

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 9:56pm

@Spannerz - See PM. As for the skin, if its just the pictures and xml stuff (like basic cpro skins) and its good yes. I take way too long to create the basic graphics while I'm working on it so it would be appreciated. It must not contain custom scripts or overwrite xml files since people will want to use the bundled skin as an example. But if you have request/ideas for the skin send them through as it might be useful for other people skinning too and be worth implementing in cpro. :)

Rate this thread

Sponsored Links: