You are not logged in.

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 3:35am

Current Skin Credits Tab Problem

Hi,

I'm using Winamp version 5.623, ClassicPro 1.15, and the current version of the cPro-Satin skin released by Victhor. When I try to view the skin credits info on the 'Winamp Preferences - Skins - Modern Skins - Current Skin' tab, Winamp crashes. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to know who else to thank for this great product. :thumbup:

Name: Julian W.

Friday, May 4th 2012, 11:17am

Contact Victhor in regards to this post and your other. ;)

~Spannerz
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

Friday, May 4th 2012, 2:38pm

Hi Spannerz,

I did ask Victhor about the credits issue and he suggested I ask here. Like I said, it's not anything major. But if it would help, I can try to capture the error message that's briefly shown before the crash and post it, along with any event log report.

I will ask Victhor about the notification timing. It makes sense that it is controlled within the skin.

Thank you for replying.

Name: Victor

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 3:02am

Contact Victhor in regards to this post and your other. ;)

~Spannerz

I think that he is getting crashed because of the hole "visualizer effect" that the credits have, I don´t know how to deactive it.

@Aminifu: Hello! I´ve just see this thread, sorry. Tell me, this happens to you with OTHER cpro skins? Could you try that for me? This way I may know if it´s my skin or the cpro engine.

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 3:44am

I know for a fact that my skins crash if switched to another skin while the visualiser is running... I daresay it's a SCPro bug, your Satin skin runs a-okay with me.
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 1:02pm

Hi Victhor,

I tried viewing the credits with the cPro_Bento skin (came with v1.15) and have the same problem. The credits run but I get a error dialog that says "Runtime Error R6025 - pure virtual function call". When I close this dialog, Winamp crashes. The event log says the fault is with the "gen_ff.dll" plug-in and lists exception code: 0x40000015.

So, it's either the cPro engine or some change Winamp made to that plug-in. I will post a report on thier forum.

Monday, May 7th 2012, 2:53am

Reinstall winamp and Cpro.
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

Monday, May 7th 2012, 11:12am

Hi Spannerz,

A Winamp developer reports that this problem does not appear in the latest internal build. So I'll just stay away from the skin credits screen until the next public release of Winamp. No eta on a new release. Will report back with results when it does happen. Thank you for your support.

Name: Victor

Monday, May 7th 2012, 12:24pm

Ok, thank you for trying! =D

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

Name: Pieter

Monday, May 7th 2012, 2:09pm

Hey, worked previously and in the build I'm running (5.623). Maybe it something to do with your windows or display card or something else.

Maybe a display driver, but I'm sure the about screen isn't worth reinstalling your drivers for :D
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

Monday, May 7th 2012, 6:05pm

Maybe a display driver, but I'm sure the about screen isn't worth reinstalling your drivers for :D
That is correct. ;) Since everything else is working, I'm content to wait for a new Winamp release before going through the work of a clean uninstall and re-setup of everything. Adding/removing plugins one at a time and all of that. The display driver is a long shot (not having graphical problems elsewhere), but I've seen crazy things over the years. Since we're using the same version of Winamp, what display card and driver are you using? I have a GTX 460 and am using the latest Nvidia beta driver 301.24. Don't remember if I said I'm running Win 7 home premium 64-bit with service pack 1.

I seem to be the only one with the problem, so most likely its something in, or not in, my WA configuration. I have removed the default visualization plugins that don't work correctly and did not install the video plugins, since I only use WA to play music files. Once it's sorted out, I'll be sure to let you guys know. Thanx for the reply.

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

Name: Pieter

Monday, May 7th 2012, 7:07pm

I'm on ATI HD5570.

That about screen and the album art view (with the reflective album cover) is the only two places where the animation functions are used.

Do it happen in all the cpro skins or just that one?
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 12:09am

Hi pjn123,

Well I guess it was too much to expect you would have a Nvidia gpu. :)

The 'Now Playing' tab works without problems, but I don't see any animation on it. If the rating is animated, I don't see that because I don't rate my files.

I've only used 2 cPro skins, the Satin Port and the Bento that comes with version 1.15 of cPro. Windows puts up the error message (stated earlier) when I view the credits for either of them and WA crashes when I acknowledge (close) the error message pop-up.

Wednesday, June 27th 2012, 2:29pm

Hello All,

The latest version of Winamp 5.63 displays the cPro credits screen with no problems. Maybe it was a configuration problem with my setup of 5.623.
Anyway, it is working now and looks great. Thank you to all listed for a great product!