You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Name: Victor

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 12:46am

Excellent! I was waiting for this moment haha!. Here goes some suggestions based on some things I came across when skinning and through seeing cPro in detail.

Sort of a Wishlist, don´t know if they are really possible or too hard to implement, but they all aim to make better the "cPro experience" I think (should I post here or would better to open a new thread?):

1- Option to Save "window compositions" (ie: having one for videos+playlist, another for playlist+coverart, etc) so the user can switch between them when its needed.
2- "Freedom" for components (Media library at top-right for example)?.
3- Bigger normal and shade mode (for design freedom and for touchscreens!) (or to be able to edit skin high and to move Beat vis freely trough XML ;) ).
4- Option to behave like normal windows on Win7 (maximize when dragging it to the top, instead of making it dock)
5- Semitransparent pixels support!

Ideas:
+ "Art modes" for Now Playing (With effects -choosable- like: without or without reflections, iluminated, etc). I´m attaching an example I started years ago for Kameleon but never got close to reality.
+ (Sort of..) I know it´s hard and almost impossible trough normal ways but... is there any chance to "prepare the environment" for making PL and ML´s background semi-transparent or to have and image? That would really make something different to skins.. (imagine what you could do with this and the skin KAO by Iron2000.
Victhor has attached the following images:
  • kameleon_spotlights.jpg
  • kameleon_spotlights02.jpg

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

• "pjn123" started this thread

Name: Pieter

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 12:19pm

#1 - Actually had something similar in a old skin of mine... Maybe reintroduce it... Was just a simple shortcut (F9 - F12). Can maybe auto change to a position too if a video file is played (although I wont like this especially if your a first time user and dont know where to disable it)

#2 - Cpro2 will have more freedom... For example eq will be usable in bottom or topright... But thats about it. That kameleon skin was a monster - Personally one of the best coded skins I've seen. But if you open it up so that any component can open anywhere you will lose some of the speed and familiarity.

#3 - Hehe Cpro2 is a bit bigger :) Top frame can be any height

#4 - Will look into this... was actually on my wishlish for the winamp developers but maybe we can somehow crack it

#5 - Yes will give it a try - Last time I checked it broke the dock function (semitransparent bits will not slide with the rest of the skin...

Ideas 1 - Since now playing is a cpro widget on its own it should be possible to add fancy things
Ideas 2 - Nope.. Winamp 5 is basically Winamp 2 on steroids so the playlist and ml you see looks just like that in classic skins and back those days there was no such things as semi transparent. This will need to be a Winamp developer request :(
Side note... Kameleon like bg... This is what I was going for here so that you should be able to use a semi transparent skin and then select a bg from a list
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

Thursday, March 29th 2012, 7:08pm

hello,

I found this topic through google and I was useing the cpro2.007 ver. with cproxuitwo0.5
now, i want to redesign the skin to match my windows os. my question is.. how to move some components with the player-normal.xml?
I already moved the top buttons, but I have problems to move the other elements, like the seeker or the playbuttons :(

I attached an image to show you how it looks and how I want it to be look.
[img]index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=934&h=1e5f7f648c0df67e75fb7ca2ba7a9ed3d5fa9237[/img]
vandyke has attached the following image:
  • test.png

pjn123

Sunday, April 1st 2012, 10:40pm

Hi

Can you attach the skin so I can have a look? The height issue is definitively set via a script (If I remember correctly :) )
Always easier to play around with the actual skin for me :)

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 6:23pm

hi,

thank you

here it is ;)
vandyke has attached the following file:
  • CproXuiTest.zip (471.13 kB - 136 times downloaded - latest: Sep 17th 2014, 4:20am)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "vandyke" (Apr 19th 2012, 8:07pm)

Name: Julian W.

Friday, April 27th 2012, 9:13am

Hi guys.
Today I was discussing Winamp with my partner, when a guy behind me piped up, mentioning how he uses my skins and various things. He was also enquiring about CPro and if I've heared any news.
If noone is working on Cpro2, I'll be more than happy to tackle Cpro2 and even bring it forth to Cpro3 next year, with the whole Metro UI and everything.

I'm busy with university, yes, but I still have quite a bit of spare time.
~Julian (Spannerz)
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

pjn123

Monday, May 7th 2012, 1:48pm

Hi Spannerz

Thats really cool. I got a bit of a speed bump since a month ago. I installed Win8 CP and you can't program winamp skins in it because of the stupid user profile protection that you cant disable. It stores all the program files directory changes in a virtual folder that. And cant compile anything now. Unfortunately I only found this after I restored all my programs and settings. So was too disgusted to reinstall win7 before I play enough win8 :)

Have made changes since last installer I posted. It will go faster with some help (even though there are a few things I want to do myself).
I think I'm at the point where I saw enough of win8 cp to know its shitty so will do the format computer this week.
Will post a to do list I have here with stuff that needs to be done before cpro2 is complete and then maybe you can pick something off the list?

Also full time student and writing tests every +-7weeks with the final honors exams in Sep. After that I'm off for a few months so will definitively get finished this year lol.

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 6:12pm

Re-posting some thoughts I dropped in another thread, hopefully it will give some depth to discussion and purpose of cPro2:

I´m a graphic designer with some knowledge of marketing, besides I can give some help from there, I THINK from there, so I cannot ignore the target and/or the purpose of Winamp generally speaking and of cPro in particular.

The question is, how can cPro make a big difference to the scene? How can it be good enough to stand on its own?

Past & Competitors
Thinking about Winamp´s competitors: Foobar is a direct rival, so it is AIMP and maybe Xion; both born as "independent" programs, targets to music, strong "skinning attitude" (easy to do it and a great offer).
I feel like right now Aimp is "popular" (suits beginner, casual users), Foobar is for skinning fans and/or music freak -or professionals-but it´s so hard to use and implement that almost only coders can use it and Xion is perfect for skinning but the player itself is quite small yet (Media library is missing!).

Present & Strong points of winamp
So, which are the strong points of Winamp? (I may be forgetting some right now):
- First of all, it´s a Music player with some video capability.
- Supports almost every music filetype.
- It´s easy to use but you can go as deep as you want, depending on your needs (DJ´s use it!).
- It´s robust, full featured and stable, even with complex vis and video support.
- Finally: IT WAS avant-garde in the skinning world (another way to say it is; It lets the user to have the exact look and color they want).

In short, the sum up would be: Powerfull with style, cPro can achieve that!

Present & Future
So there is when cPro comes into the scene; it can take Winamp to that state of avant-garde -of innovation- that once belong only to Winamp.
For that, cPro can bring fresh air to the environment (the list is meant to be completed):
1- Make Winamp look sophisticatedly better (eyecandy is the word, animations can be the key).
2- Make Winamp´s functioning simplier or complex, depending on the skin.
3- Make Winamp skinning easier but leaving the door open to powerfull skins.
4- Add Features (not complications) to the cappabilities of the player.

So, in short: I would target to the easy coding / building of Xion but keeping as much power as Foobar.

What do you think? Is it possible? Is it too hard?

Friday, May 11th 2012, 10:53am

Hi Spannerz

Thats really cool. I got a bit of a speed bump since a month ago. I installed Win8 CP and you can't program winamp skins in it because of the stupid user profile protection that you cant disable. It stores all the program files directory changes in a virtual folder that. And cant compile anything now. Unfortunately I only found this after I restored all my programs and settings. So was too disgusted to reinstall win7 before I play enough win8 :)

Have made changes since last installer I posted. It will go faster with some help (even though there are a few things I want to do myself).
I think I'm at the point where I saw enough of win8 cp to know its shitty so will do the format computer this week.
Will post a to do list I have here with stuff that needs to be done before cpro2 is complete and then maybe you can pick something off the list?

Also full time student and writing tests every +-7weeks with the final honors exams in Sep. After that I'm off for a few months so will definitively get finished this year lol.

I sorta liked WIndows 8, but it makes my system feel more of a mobile device than an actual USABLE DESKTOP. And while they cater for touchscreen-users, what they don't realise when they make a whole f*cking operating system to use this, 98% of us STILL use mice and keyboards.

The virtual file system? Just... No, Microsoft. Are you trying to make your OS foolproof? Hide the Windows direc. like you did in XP. that keept people from stuffing up their systems. The rest of us who aren't under 8 or over 88 know what we're doing.
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 10:20am

I hope this is the right place to post this.

One of the cPro features that improve Winamp a lot is the pop-up with playlist entries that appears when right-clicking on currently played track in windowshade mode.
It would be even more useful if you could scroll through playlists that contain more entries that fit in the pup-up, as you can see on the attached screenshot.

It would be practical if there was a link to the last recent version in the first post, btw.
bugmenot has attached the following image:
  • screen.jpg

pjn123

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 8:34pm

Great idea

Can be done with a work around by not using the OS menu(since WInamp just allows you create a basic menu) but rather create a new container that pops up and look like an OS menu. Then you can use scroll and other cool stuff.
Look back November for new version

Will update the first post thanks ;)

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 1:36am

Look back November for new version

Will update the first post thanks ;)

OMG! A date, a date! =D (I didn´t wanted to reply as soon as I´ve read it to "leave room" to somebody else.. but it doesn´t seem like there´s another one replying! =( ).

So, do you have some ideas to update the site as well?

pjn123

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 7:23pm

Hehe gonna be a busy October yes ;)

As for the site, not really thought about it yet. Do you have suggestions? :D

Monday, August 20th 2012, 7:38pm

Suggestions? Hmm... start looking for SC former members and bribe them to get back! Haha

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 4:26am

A release ETA of November is very good news. Please include a complete changelog with the release. I would hate to overlook any of the updates and additions.

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 4:48am

Sounds good guys! I was working on it for a while but my system crashed and I lost some progress... If you's would like some GUI help let me know mmkay? :)
--- Jay Spannerz ---
View my DA page here

pjn123

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 10:24am

@Spannerz - Will take you up on that in October ;)

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 4:51pm

@pjn123: Besides ideas, I can help you with design if you want. Maybe you ´ll need a couple of banners, preview pics, etc to promote the launch.

There´s not much I can show you related to skins, but if you liked my cPro Zen, Ayon& Santin´s previews designs, we´ll be cool I think.