You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 9:16am

How create PL window?

Hi all !
I create new skin (my first modern skin) and I not understand, how create the PL window ?(

I create file skin.xml and wrote there: <include file="xml/pledit.xml" />
then create pledit.xml and wrote there:

<container id="pledit" name="playlist" default_x="0" default_y="0" default_visible="1">
<layout id="normal" w="400" h="250" desktopalpha="1" minimum_w="400" minimum_h="250">
<component id="pl" noshowcmdbar="1" autoclose="0" autoopen="1" autoavailable="1" visible="1" param="guid:{45F3F7C1-A6F3-4ee6-A15E-125E92FC3F8D}" dynamic="0" relatw="0" relath="0" relatx="0" relaty="0" x="10" y="20" w="280" h="150" />
<layer id="main" image="pic-pl/main.png" x="0" y="0"/>
<button id="pe_add" action="add" .......etc.

But this window works incorrectly - it is not visible song names and all buttons are not working. :cursing:
What I made not so?? What files I need to create in addition? ?(

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

Name: Pieter

Monday, March 19th 2012, 8:14am

Maybe post the skin files? Easier to find problem this way :)
"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

pjn123

Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 11:02pm

Look like your using the relatw/h param wrong.
Remember if you have a skin that is 100x100 and you use relatw="1" setting a w="100" means that the width will be 100pixels from the end of the skin (thus 200pixels). If w="0" the width will be 100 pixels. If the w="-20" the width will be 80 pixels

Anyway the main reason why the pl isn't showing is because the components in Winamp doesn't show when you have alphablending in the same layout as the component.

This makes the skin show:

Source code

<container id="pledit" name="playlist" default_x="0" default_y="0" default_visible="1">

<layout id="normal" minimum_h="250" minimum_w="400" default_w="400" default_h="250" linkwidth="shade" appbar="left|top|right|bottom">

<Wasabi:StandardFrame:PL x="10" y="29" w="150" h="200" relatw="0" relath="0" sysregion="1"/>

<layer id="main" image="pic-pl/main.png" x="0" y="0" sysregion="1"/>

<button id="add" action="PE_ADD" x="50" y="228" relaty="0" image="pic-pl/buttom.png" downimage="pic-pl/buttom_down.png" hoverimage="pic-pl/buttom_hover.png" tooltip="Add Files to Playlist" />
<component x="10" y="29" w="300" relatw="0" h="200" relath="0" noshowcmdbar="1" autoopen="1" autoavailable="1" autoclose="0" param="guid:{45F3F7C1-A6F3-4ee6-A15E-125E92FC3F8D}" />

</layout>	
</container>

You have two options:
  1. Some people create two layouts, one with the frame around the pl component with the alphablending enabled and one with just the component. The two layouts are then kept together via scripts
  2. You can keep it all in one layout and then you can use layers with regionop="1" - This will show the layer but use simple on/off transparency :(

Thursday, March 22nd 2012, 9:32am

Hmm...and how I can create two layouts, one with the frame around the pl component with the alphablending enabled??? (sorry, for the newbee question)

such like this?

Source code

<layer id="main" image="pic-pl/main.png" x="0" y="0" sysregion="1"/>

<layer id="01" x="0" y="0" sysregion="1"/>
<imagedata fileref="img1.png" x="0" y="0"/> 

<imagedata fileref="img2.png" x="0" y="0"/> 

<imagedata fileref="img3.png" x="0" y="0"/>

pjn123

Sunday, March 25th 2012, 9:13pm

Leechbite created a script for classicpro skins that should be able to work in your skin.
http://www.skinconsortium.com/index.php?…nload&itemID=52

Just check the shadow folder in the skin file.
If that don't work I might be able to find better solution :D (without reinventing the wheel again ;))

Rate this thread