You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SLoB

SLoB

• "SLoB" started this thread

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 4:09pm

RGB Colour Changer (WIP 5%)

The RGB crusade carries on :)

This thread is here to discuss an idea I've had for a long time of getting an internal RGB colour changer into cPro. As this will be going into the main widget area within cPro it will be based as a XUI, for those not knowing about XUI, basically it will be able to be added to any skin, although initial development will be for cPro only.

Things I'm looking to include:-
PS. Of course please discuss them, I will be looking to do some wireframe layouts at some point so we can look to some user centric/focused ways to increase the speed at which colour themes can be created.
  • Lists of gammagroups - system, cpro, usercreated - the idea here being we create a dynamic group based on listed items - this will enable custom skins to use this changer
  • Descriptions for each gammagroup on hover over of info button - i.e. know exactly what gammagroup changes what in the skin
  • Possible translation of descriptions above
    • RGB colour picker area:-
    • RGB sliders (poss per gg or keep one main single slider set which can be used per gg)
    • RGB Picker - fancy looking picker but still practical
    • RGB/Colour palettes
    • Colour Schemes - i.e. Analogous, Triadic, Split, Monochrome, etc...

• Theme management area - i.e. create theme, save theme, modify theme, delete theme etc...

If you have any ideas of what you would like to see in the colour changer please discuss. This will be a widget anyone can use, it will also need people to test etc as and when we have versions to test, a beta section thread will be set up closer to that time.

This widget project will be huge to the way colour is managed within Winamp skins, we need your support and your input on how we can make it work for you, please discuss anything related to this idea.

muhda

Professional

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 6:10pm

Woot !! I can't wait to test it :D

Do also already have a idea How, the RGB Colour Changer UI will look like ?

I like the Theme management idea, and will it be possible to use Hexadecimal figures for the collors ?
I am sorry for my English, I am Dutch.
----> BetaTester <--------

WinstonGFX

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 6:30pm

I imagine the RGB Color Changer's UI would not be far off from how it was built in Ebonite.

SLoB

SLoB

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 6:51pm

It may change, I have plenty of ideas for it, I will be doing roughly 3 wireframes for discussion, I want to plan it so we get any user issues sorted prior to development so we can create a better widget.

Yep full inputs allowed, Picker, Sliders, Textboxes for hex, rgb.
I'm also keen on a palette of sorts idea too, ie quick picks, initially it won't come with colour schemes but I will be putting those in for sure. Need to figure out some best ways to handle say 10+ gammagroups using analogous scheme for example as analogous has 3 close colours, do we number them and allow each gammagroup to be assigned a number, it all needs to be quick click stuff

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 7:23pm

sweet, just base the UI off of Photoshops color picker, and have under that whatever gamma text boxes etc etc you need. that way everyone should have no excuse on how to use it, after choosing colors it should save to an ini or info file so that any skin can use them when loaded.

SLoB

SLoB

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 7:25pm

we have access to separate xml file, so themes will be saved, modified, deleted, created.

we will also be looking at sharing themes too, so we can introduce community themes ;)

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 11:55pm

yea sounds great man. I can't wait to implement it with my skins!

Saturday, February 6th 2010, 4:08pm

:headbang:

martin.deimos

Ex-Nullsoftie

Name: Martin

Saturday, February 6th 2010, 8:01pm

lol, you jst come to show us the headbang smilie?
Consultant for Software and Systems Engineering @ CQSE | mpdeimos @ twitter | mpdeimos.com
Past Projects: Winamp for Android | Songpier - Every Song becomes an App | Winamp

Name: Andreas

Sunday, February 7th 2010, 5:00pm

Looking forward to it :)
Love ClassicPro skins. Best thing that has happened since WinAmp 5 modern skin.

Author of the "cPro graphical list": here
Official translator for the danish language

SLoB

SLoB

Monday, February 8th 2010, 11:02pm

hahah, last year, hmm it could happen in 2010 ;)