You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skin Consortium. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "transistor09" started this thread

Friday, August 28th 2009, 9:28pm

Winamp skinning survival kit

Hi everyone!

Not too long ago I found program, called PrtSct. At first I just thought that it only improved the print screen button but then I accidentally pressed Ctrl+PrtScr. Now its hard to explain but what happened was amazing. You have to see to believe. (oh, and it's FREE)
Here's the homepage

But this post is not about just this program - I want to encourage Everyone to share links to stuff that will help in skins' development.

WinstonGFX

Saturday, August 29th 2009, 12:30am

Looks very nice, downloading it now.
--------------

I've mentioned PNGGuantlet before, but this seems like the appropriate place to mention again. It makes all the PNG files in your winamp skin smaller, while keeping alpha transparency and runs them in batch. If I recall, it compressed the PNGs better than any of the competitors.

http://brh.numbera.com/software/pnggauntlet/
------------
Also a must is PSD2WAL. A script that outputs your layers to parts and generates Winamp XML. Great starting point, skeleton for a Winamp skin.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?…t=&pagenumber=1

pjn123

"Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep"

Name: Pieter

Wednesday, September 2nd 2009, 10:07pm

"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it"

Rate this thread

Sponsored Links: